The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2G Aftermarket turbo option

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jelle1991

Probationary Member
Mar 24, 2022
Oldeboorn, Europe
Hello everybody,

I'm currently working to fix some exhaust leaks and noticed my 14B housing is cracked. Was looking for a 16g as an alternative but they are hard to come by here (i live in the netherlands).

Also my exhaust manifold is nominated to be replaced by something better.

Does anyone have some good aftermarket options?
Or anyone got some stuff lying around and willing to ship it to the netherlands?

I currently have stock 450cc injectors but will soon install my 560cc injectors
For the rest: 1G 6Bolt, custom IC piping, 3 inch turboback

Running on '98 gsx blackbox ecu

Sorry for my crappy english!

With kind regards,

Jelle

Forced Performance 68HTA and their manifold is an option you could look at if you’re okay with the cost.

Thanks for the reply! Just got lucky and got my hands on a rebuilt 16G, still looking for an exhaust manifold.

People tend to prefer an external wastegate, what is your opinion on this? Should i go for that or is the internal wastegate good enough to do the job?

Depending on the quality of the exhaust housing an internal wastegate should be fine for your setup. If it is a lower end exhaust housing an evening port job on the hole could be worth your time before you install it to make sure there is no over boost or creeping issues.

I ran a china 20g at 19psi on an internal wastegate with no issues for 5 years.

-Daniel

Alright, well my 14b kept creeping on me so thats why i'd figure to get myself an exhaust manifold with external wastegate.

Are there any good aftermarket options for a decent exhaust manifold? My original 1g manifold cracked, got an exhaust manifold from aliexpress (shame) but the pipe holes are really small compared to the ports in the head and i dont want to restrict my flow or create unnessecary turbulance

When I did switch to an external gate it was in the o2 housing. I didn’t want to buy another manifold as I dropped $700 on the one I had and still have.

I removed the internal gate from my charger and welded the hold shut the the flapper arm went through. I then ported out my hole as much as I felt comfortable with. Didn’t want to go too much and risk cracking the exhaust housing after heat cycles.

As far as aftermarket manifolds with a gate you will need to see if you can find something that fits your bill. STM has some nice ones but are also much more than a stock ported manifold with a gate on the o2 housing.

This is essentially what I have. I have also made one of these my self out of a standard aftermarket housing.

-Daniel

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back