The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Aftermarket key fob remote

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrysler kid

20+ Year Contributor
Dec 20, 2002
Mckinney, Texas
Scrolling for used ones on ebay the other day and these new ones popped up. The stock 2g flimsy rubber button remote has always been terrible to press and respond to the button press, these look like they will be much better.

Advertised to be stronger and have better range and fit 95-99 Eclipse. No idea why they just started making them now, but they have to be better than the mitsu ones if they can be programmed

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

These cars have factory alarms? How can you tell if yours does or doesn’t?
When I lock my 95 GSX a green “security “ lights up on the dash. If you leave a window down, lock it and then reach in and unlock the door with the switch then open the door the alarm should sound. Horn and lights flash. I don’t have a fob. To bad this one on eBay doesn’t work on a 95.

These cars have factory alarms? How can you tell if yours does or doesn’t?

Only way to tell is to do a bad job replacing the exterior door handle, and then try unlocking/opening that same door at 3am.

Don’t worry. You’ll know immediately.

So this will work with any 2G Eclipse? I'm not sure I get it. Aren't the factory fobs all programmed on a different frequency like a garage door opener so you can't just open anyone's car with it??? Is this one programmable?

Last edited:
So this will work with any 2G Eclipse? I'm not sure I get it. Aren't the factory fobs all programmed on a different frequency like a garage door opener so you can't just open anyone's car with it??? Is this one programmable?
Yes, these are programmed to transmit the same frequency as the second gen eclipse. Fcc id gq43vt6t (you will see this stamped on the back of the factory Mitsubishi remote)

The red key is the same frequency as the factory one

This is the internals, the back side has a small 5 pin connector on the back. Im assuming its programmable to different frequencies by the manufacturer

Well I don't have factory remote for either of my 2G cars...I wonder if I got one of these if it would just work immediately from the package, or if it needs to be programmed specifically to my car thru a sync method like a garage door opener...any idea?

Well I don't have factory remote for either of my 2G cars...I wonder if I got one of these if it would just work immediately from the package, or if it needs to be programmed specifically to my car thru a sync method like a garage door opener...any idea?
The 95-96 cars have the keyless module in the drivers rear compartment behind the seatbelt retractor that needs to be switched to program mode manually on the unit

97-99 cars just need to jump pins 1 and 4 on the obd2 port and cycle the key to program a new remote

I programmed the red remote to work on my 99gst that was also missing the factory remote

They will work out of the box once you tell your car to accept the signal from the remote by entering program mode

To restate how well it works, the key fob feels like a good remote, the buttons are firm to press, and make an audible click when pressed. The range is excellent for me, so far atleast 20 feet

All of my previous OEM mitsubishi key fobs you really have to struggle to push the button nubs in, and have to be standing over the car for them to work. I also blame the factory mitsubishi fob for breaking atleast 3 different cars door handles (firm pull on the door when you think it should be unlocked)

So again I think the factory key fob is trash, so this one feels like a big upgrade

I bought mine there from a seller named bohaillc
There were 3 sellers of these key fobs when I ordered mine, but they were all based out of the same city in china, so i believe they are the same seller

The key fobs work better, but my main complaint now is that only the interior lights flash to indicate lock or unlock. So i may run a little led light to the quarter panel window that's piggy backed on the drivers side floor lighting; so it will flash to let me know its received signal or not

appreciate it everyone. i may just go with a compustart 1 way system. bit further range and by the time of customs and shipping it would probably work out to even with the system i would have to piece together

Took 3 weeks to get it in from china but it works freaking great!

This thing has excellent range like a new car should have

Im ordering another one for my 96

Im currently in the market looking for a replacement key fob for my 96'. When i bought the car it never came with a keyfob and i do have the factory alarm on the car. Are these fobs easy to program to my car?

Im currently in the market looking for a replacement key fob for my 96'. When i bought the car it never came with a keyfob and i do have the factory alarm on the car. Are these fobs easy to program to my car?
Yes if your car has power locks you have keyless entry.

The red ebay key fob from china works well, I have used it on a 1996 eclipse gst and 1999 eclipse gst without any issues.

There are instructions on how to program a key fob on this site, you put a paper clip in the obd2 port (in the specified pins) and it enters programming mode. In a previous post I said this procedure was for 97-99 cars, however in my 96 gst I had to use the same procedure i describe below

Post in thread 'Aftermarket key fob remote' https://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/aftermarket-key-fob-remote.542024/post-153870567

The red ebay key fob works better than the original mitsubishi key fob, however its still not the strongest. You need to be within 5 feet of the drivers side door to get the keyless entry to work

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back