The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Adding Bluetooth to OEM Audio systems

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MacMarty15221

Proven Member
Oct 22, 2022
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Dropping this here for future reference, because I'd really like to add this capability to my Time Machine's OEM radio, rather than replace it with something glaringly new.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited:
I have a couple 12v Bluetooth adapters that plug into anything with rca inputs. Not sure if these oem radios have rca inputs though. Fantastic sound quality out of the more expensive one on my home kef iq7/jbl studio monitor setup and pretty good quality on my barn klipsch/Frankenstein setup using the $12 amazon one.

It might not be too hard to do or figure out either. Soldering to 12V and Ground inside the Head Unit is easy. Then I guess you would solder from the Audi-Out on the module to a mode you were willing to forfeit in the Head Unit (AM Radio). There’s probably a few more things to address, but that’s probably about it.

I definitely understand the want/need to keep the Head Unit stock in our cars. Modern Day units don’t look right.

There are something like 92 replies to this FB post, with a variety of approaches and (generally inexpensive) price points. I'm gonna add a few add'l photos up top. Here's the direct link to the FB post, I'm not sure if you need to be a member of that group to see it.

Last edited:
It’s technology that has been around for so long. Surprised more people do not know about keeping the oem head unit and adding something like below. This is one example that would work perfectly well.

Agreed this is old technology and integrating Blu-Tooth via the means you suggested for $130 is certainly easy enough. I was more suggesting a way to integrate it into the OEM unit internally via a cheap $10 Blu-Tooth module by figuring out solder points on the head unit’s internal PCB, etc.

Seems like a cool project to work out someday and possibly create a how-to for.

Then again, 2 of my 3 DSM’s have gaping holes where the stereo used to be, I prefer to listen to the motor.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back