The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

About to get my Wisdom Teeth Out.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CanadianTSi

DSM Wiseman
Aug 12, 2002
Kingston, ON_Canada
Well I'm about to get my Wisdom Teeth Pulled this morning, Good thing my Job gives my full Medical and Dental Coverage :D

I hate the dentist but i'm not really that nervous, just more worried about what I'll say when i'm all drugged up ROFL

Anyways Off to take the sediments, Wish me Luck!

Yeah good luck. Are you getting all 4 out? Take pictures of your face when your done and show us how swollen your cheeks became!

They give you really good drugs!
Good luck.

I opted to say screw it and not get it done.

After I had all four of mine pulled out I didnt really swell alot.

haha been there done that, i got knocked out when i got mine out in 8th grade, but i did also have 2 extra teeth under those bottom insiciors (sp?)... it got me out of school, and i got to take quite a few pain pills, but i swelled up quite a bit, my face looked like i weighed 400lbs. My little sister got the news that she has 6 wisdom teeth (2 up top, and 4 on the bottom) and then 3 more extra teeth, so uh yeah, she has to get them out haha, it's a genetic thing! :toobad:

I had this done about three months ago, I was nervous because of all the horror stories I had heard about your face swelling up like a ballon after the teeth were out.

In reality it was one of the most relazing experiences I've had at the dentist, you get there and on goes the laughing gas, which made me feel stoned out of my mind. But then you pass out and wake up and it's over with. Then they give you some vicodin for the "pain".

My face didn't swell up at all ethier.:thumb:

Lucky you guys. I got the gas then an IV to sedate me. :( Then I only got like 12 vicoden for pain.

Good luck Ty. I had both Halcian and the gas when I went. I was so stoned I kept trying grab the dental assistant and kiss her.......luckily it was my girl friend (now my wife) at the time. Who's your dentist?

Are they impacted or not? Mine were not, which means they used the "breaking" method - where they just numb your gums and put clamps on the tooth and crack it out. Not a pleasant sound at all. Didn't feel it, but man, I'll never forget that sound. Didn't take as long to heal though since there were no stitches.

I had mine taken out about 2 1/2 weeks ago. My cheeks were huge and I could barley open my mouth. Make sure you eat a lot of protein, it will heal faster. A good food to eat in the begining is mac and cheese.

leet said:
Why would you take sediments?

Maybe sedatives? :p

Thats the word I was looking for :D

The pills just made me kinda sleepy then they gave me an IV and the rest is quite blotchy, i'm hearing some funny stories though.

The pain isn't to bad and I've been keeping Ice on my face to keep the sweeling down. The front half of my face and tongue are still frozen though, so that makes drinking kinda interesting.

All in All it wasn't to bad.

Well Apparently when I was whacky I asked to keep my Teeth :thumb:

So for your viewing pleasure...

Sorry for the shitty pics, the batteries in my good Camera are dead. (as you can see the one snapped in half)

Attachments

• teeth 004.jpg
    teeth 004.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 145
Had all 4 of them pulled out just before I got out of the military. All I have to say is if you smoke ciggs or anything---what until your "sockets" are healed up! :cry:

Yeah, they told you not to use a straw for a couple days, right? I guess if you do, some nerve can be pulled up and exposed, which is quite painful. After I had my one wisdom tooth yanked, the cute dental assistant said, "Don't use a straw or anything until it's healed."

MrBoxx said:
Yeah, they told you not to use a straw for a couple days, right? I guess if you do, some nerve can be pulled up and exposed, which is quite painful. After I had my one wisdom tooth yanked, the cute dental assistant said, "Don't use a straw or anything until it's healed."

Your thinking of the term "dry socket". You get it when you rinse too much.

I think with a thread this old you should have made your own...but good luck!:thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back