The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

98 Eclipse GSX 350-400hp DD

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thanks guys!
Yah I didn't want any issues with touching LOL.
I packed the oil pump full too and lubed the cams. It was all good.

She is running pretty good. Sounds great. Waiting for tax return then ill go get her tuned on the dyno.
When I was deciding to put in fhe bse kit I was worried there would be excessive rattleing/ shaking / vibration.but I feel no difference. Its actually very smooth even at idle (1100 rpms).

The only issues I need to take care of are, exhaust pipe rattles at about 2k annoying LOL and the sun roof as well.
And the stereo system needs to be redone.

My last GST, I did the BSE and poly mounts together and never really felt much change in vibration. I know there's some, but not enough to bother me. My current Spyder has poly mounts as well, but I've kept the balance shafts. Still no real difference. I get annoying rattles from the rear interior behind the side panels, and from my rag top. THOSE are so annoying... I'd rather hear the engine over those. ;)

It has been a really long time since I updated this. A lot has happened including moving, car troubles, and life in general. Well I am ready to try and get this finished up. Waiting on a part or two to show up and I will see about getting this tuned up. About a year ago I took it to a professional tuner, turned out they didn't know what they were doing. So I am having it done again by a different person. Hopefully will get the power out of it as I hoped.
I have to go through and update the pictures as they are all broken links now. Anyways, pretty much still the same setup, I will update with the few changes I have done. Ill post up some pictures too.

thumb?viewBox=1760.jpgthumb?viewBox=1760.jpgthumb?viewBox=1760.jpgthumb?viewBox=1760.jpg
thumb?viewBox=1760.jpgthumb?viewBox=1760.jpg

I have a lot more pictures but I feel like I have overloaded everyone with pictures. I will post up more when I get it tuned up and all washed ^_^

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back