The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

6th Annual GMU DSM Meet

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Another quick update, the weather is looking good so far.

Big news for the event, DTMotorsports will be raffling off a motor build. This will be a completely separate raffle and the tickets will be sold for $25 each or 5 for $100. If enough people enter into this raffle he will consider doing 2 motor builds. I'm not sure how many people will have to enter in order for there to be 2 builds. I'm also not sure on what manufactures parts will be going into the build. That is something you will have to talk with Nick about at DTMotorsports.

Also all Team Trinity members (family included) are excluded from any and all raffles and prises.

Last edited by a moderator:
^

thats an excuse.. see everyone there thats not making excuses LOL

+2. just now found out about this, only 12 hours to go, still gotta wash my spyder. oh mannnn....

well...me and mike will be there again, 4 years in a row! so add 2 more 2nd gens to the list! btw, got any pics of these exgirlfriends? need to know how much money to get from the atm!

havent seen any sellers on the ex-gf idea... what kinda dsmers are you haha

50+ and sunny. God (or the weather channel for all you atheists) must love dsm'ers. See you all there.

gettin ready to leave as soon as douche gets outta the shower. . .

coolant line > Jerry

Nice meet, lets see some pictures!

awesome time as always folks! Thanks for all of you for coming out. Sucks we had to deal with the shredding BS in the morning but I had a good time. Great to see some great old friends and meet lots of new faces. Even got to help out a buddy... good times.

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone that showed up and supported the event. Thanks to Mach v, VIP and DTMotorsports for showing up and giving up some really cool things to raffle off. Little smaller then last year, I know a lot of cars were down, but that fact that we all come out to see each other, check out the new rides, mods done to them and hang out for the day is great. I'm working on a new place for next year, I'm tired of GMU and all the hoops I have to jump through and for nothing. Anyone get any pics? I'll post up the few I got later on. Thanks again to everyone.

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone that showed up and supported the event. Thanks to Mach v, VIP and DTMotorsports for showing up and giving up some really cool things to raffle off. Little smaller then last year, I know a lot of cars were down, but that fact that we all come out to see each other, check out the new rides, mods done to them and hang out for the day is great. I'm working on a new place for next year, I'm tired of GMU and all the hoops I have to jump through and for nothing. Anyone get any pics? I'll post up the few I got later on. Thanks again to everyone.

I think GMU is a great spot. Which office are you talking to at GMU to get access to the parking lot?

I agree with the fact that the turn out could have been better this year. In past years I felt like the DSMers were hosting a bigger multi forum event, but with their cars front and center. That's what other enthusiasts came out to see -- the DSMs. I didn't see so much of that this year.

^^^^^ nice red 4g64 spyder you had there, phisig! :)

had a great time! wont mind relocating in 09 to somewhere that has open BBQs . plus you can see what they're building around the campus, seems like gmu has more important things to deal with....a tech school. no worries! occoquan/woodbridge area sounds nice!

i got there kinda' late... around noon, ...got hungry around 2pm, so we left for lunch to go to Hooters in Fairfax. stay'd there til 6pm.,never came back...sorry...
GMU parking was F- up'd. one guy was telling us to park over here, then another guy told us to park over there. Geeeee...wiz. btw, got a few pics, will be sure to post them once I get some time.

Nice mix of cars... was nice to see another miata there so I wasn't the only one. Wish I could have stayed longer, but I enjoyed coming out.

^^^^^ nice red 4g64 spyder you had there, phisig! :)

had a great time! wont mind relocating in 09 to somewhere that has open BBQs . plus you can see what they're building around the campus, seems like gmu has more important things to deal with....a tech school. no worries! occoquan/woodbridge area sounds nice!

i got there kinda' late... around noon, ...got hungry around 2pm, so we left for lunch to go to Hooters in Fairfax. stay'd there til 6pm.,never came back...sorry...
GMU parking was F- up'd. one guy was telling us to park over here, then another guy told us to park over there. Geeeee...wiz. btw, got a few pics, will be sure to post them once I get some time.

LOL - No no, def not mine. I graduated from my DSM a few cars ago. I do see that a handful of members from back in 03 have kept the faith and are still tuning away. Good times in my old dizzum vert! At the time I think that car got more attention than any I've owned. Maybe it was because I was in college then, and was always hauling around serority girls. I know GSXtacy98 had that same problem :thumb:

Of course I had to come out and support and see what the DSM community has been up to.

Here's my old ride (and gsxtacy98's GSX) any old school members remember it?
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

No love for the Silver 4g64? :p

Had I known I would be in the mix, I would have taken the time to wash it at least. I felt better about my disrepair after seeing some of the more "realistic" looking engine bays and popped the hood (so you couldn't see its dent) to show my hard work restoring the 2.4L.
Look for a turbo next year.

That was my first time at the GMU meet, it was cool.

Would be nice to see a BBQ stand next year.........

This section of the forum was so much more active back in the day, am I missing something? Anyone know that Asain guy with the Evo with simper fi plates -- he was taking pictures and I have a feeling he knows how to use a camera. Really wanted to see his shots.

it was my first time and i thought is was pretty good, i herd last year was better though....

ill be back next year:thumb:

thanks again everyone for coming out showing your support and showing off the cars. i talked to quite a few people. still upset my 2G wasnt there but it getting closer and closer to being started/finished.

next year we're talking about a different location, once we work out the details we'll let everyone know! thanks again

Jeremy

All of us from SOVADSM.com had a great time this year, as we always do. Thanks for hosting the event, and we can't wait till next years meet. Thanks again guys!

I think GMU is a great spot. Which office are you talking to at GMU to get access to the parking lot?

Long story, check your PMs.

Anyone know that Asain guy with the Evo with simper fi plates -- he was taking pictures and I have a feeling he knows how to use a camera. Really wanted to see his shots.

His name is Brandon Seong Kim, here is his web site Speed Limit 360 If I'm not mistaken he does photography on the side, started a clothing line or t-shirts. I'm sure he will be posting up the shots he got. If he is not an active member on this board I'll find them and link them over.

I'm glad to hear everyone had a good time, sucks that some of the other vendors on the list did not make it, but there were still lots of good things raffled off. :thumb:

The weather turned out to be great, could not have asked for a better day other then the paper shredding crap that was going on in Lot K that screwed up all the traffic for people trying to get in.

Here are some pics I got, i forgot I had my camera till about the end of the meet.
GMU DSM Meet pictures from friends & fun photos on webshots

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back