The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

500hp 1g build... with a kicker

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LSVTEC-TSI

Probationary Member
Aug 12, 2013
Fargo, North_Dakota
7099E329-3366-4074-AFB8-D364770C9AE4-3357-000001ED73CFEB04_zps1a16b3f4.jpg

all mounted up.... will be tackling wiring in the next coming months. Will post a more detailed build thread if you guys don't hate this too much LOL

one word.... reliability LOL im a Honda guy at heart but I have a soft spot for 1gs so its time to make the "perfect" car for myself

DSM's are very reliable. Very annoying stereotype.

Reliable enough to be dd for years with 350+ AWD Horsepower with a stock block, if maintain properly.

Different and I will keep checking this out, I defiently would never talk bad about Honda engines.

I hate Hondas, but I respect a good one if I see it. Most don't fall into that category. My DSMs have always been fairly reliable because I treat them well and maintain them properly. This is not an attack on what you're doing, I just see it as sacrilege.

Really if you wanted a 500hp race car like the build says you could rebuild an OEM block and make that, not have to make a custom harness and everything else to just fit a Honda motor. What motor is it? And if you want to make 500hp stuff will need to be fixed, you won't get 200k at 20 psi most likely. But, good luck with your build, may consider trying to just get a rebuilt OEM motor and sell that motor, make you life easier.

will never go any where but good luck

thanks for the motivation.... haters gon hate

Really if you wanted a 500hp race car like the build says you could rebuild an OEM block and make that, not have to make a custom harness and everything else to just fit a Honda motor. What motor is it? And if you want to make 500hp stuff will need to be fixed, you won't get 200k at 20 psi most likely. But, good luck with your build, may consider trying to just get a rebuilt OEM motor and sell that motor, make you life easier.

because every tom, dick, and harry can build a the same 4g63 with the same parts and be exactly like everyone else. my roots are in Hondas so I love working on them. the wiring is nothing I just recently built my own one off custom harness for my previous race car so that's not an issue. Also the motor that will be going in is a sleeved ls/vtec so the potential to go over 500hp isn't an issue either. I know Honda engines and I know what they are capable off, some people just like to step outside the box from time to time.

I respect anyone willing to do there own thing and build their own ride experimentation is always inyeresting, lets see more updates!

thanks, I knew id get hated on over here but I thought I would still throw it up to see how much TRUE car guys that were on here that appreciate a good car not just the die hard DSM nutswingers.

NO DISRESPECT TO ANYONE ON HERE but this car will never have another 4g63 in it

Hondas are hondas. Extremely reliable and well built cars. Always have been. This is def an oddball project but hey, the damn title says it all. People with neg comments really have no place in this thread. do your thing dude, i think its going to cost more in the long run and reliability wont be exactly " stock Honda-like" but im sure youre aware of these things.

Best of luck. Keep us posted on what you use to tune with and pics of how you build the harness etc.

So the only real Honda parts will be under the hood/ behind the dash. Correct? What turbo you have planned for it? Any other details

Lol, yea i think when you try to wring 500hp out of ANY 2L engine, reliability and longevity go right out the window. Honda, Nissan, Mitsu.... i dont fn care what brand

I do have one negative thing to say about this:
Does this build thread actually belong on dsmtuners.com? Im on the fence..... I though about it, how strange it is, and since youre using honda engine, head, electronics, tuning, then why are you not posting this in a honda forum? Or are you? Maybe a simple link to it would suffice. IMO, i support off the wall shit but this IS blasphemy haha. Still, best of luck to you and the build

Hondas are hondas. Extremely reliable and well built cars. Always have been. This is def an oddball project but hey, the damn title says it all. People with neg comments really have no place in this thread. do your thing dude, i think its going to cost more in the long run and reliability wont be exactly " stock Honda-like" but im sure youre aware of these things.

Best of luck. Keep us posted on what you use to tune with and pics of how you build the harness etc.

So the only real Honda parts will be under the hood/ behind the dash. Correct? What turbo you have planned for it? Any other details

The tuning will be with a p28 ecu and Hondata s300 and ass for the turbo im starting to look into the BW s3xx series turbos. i had a BW s256 on one of my previous cars and loved the response

As a current Honda and DSM owner.. I just want this thing to "crankwalk" as a matter of principle to spite you for your ignorant comment about reliability.

the reliablilty thing was just a joke of the stereotype that dsms have. Ive owned more then my fair share of 1gs back in the day and will be picking up another to DD soon. I have love for the DSM and thats what is making this build happen

Lol, yea i think when you try to wring 500hp out of ANY 2L engine, reliability and longevity go right out the window. Honda, Nissan, Mitsu.... i dont fn care what brand

I do have one negative thing to say about this:
Does this build thread actually belong on dsmtuners.com? Im on the fence..... I though about it, how strange it is, and since youre using honda engine, head, electronics, tuning, then why are you not posting this in a honda forum? Or are you? Maybe a simple link to it would suffice. IMO, i support off the wall shit but this IS blasphemy haha. Still, best of luck to you and the build

thats what i figured would happen. it is on a local honda forum but i figured i would put it on here to so see what i could get for ideas on suspension/brakes/aero... anything dsm related to this build

I want to see how you plan to setup the trans, will you stay awd. That's going to be a challenge.

will be staying FWD for now... can down the road try and tackle the CRV AWD swap but for right now this is drop in and run it FWD. engine sits exactly where is should for axle angle

Honduh B series is a dsm? Its a damn shame, I too was into honduhs there for a while but got wise when a stock saturn smoked me LOL Anyways good luck with the build it definitely is interesting. By the way what do you plan on using for a tranny being that honda motors pre-2000 rotate counter clockwise?

Honduh B series is a dsm? Its a damn shame, I too was into honduhs there for a while but got wise when a stock saturn smoked me LOL Anyways good luck with the build it definitely is interesting. By the way what do you plan on using for a tranny being that honda motors pre-2000 rotate counter clockwise?

not sure im following what your saying, its a full b series swap so it will move in the same way it would in a civic? and i should clear the air on my love of hondas... i love TURBO hondas. an n/a honda is slow ass balls and sounds like butt. Ive always done turbo Hondas and this will be one of those also. Will be making my own front facing turbo manifold for the driver headlight area once i can get a turbo picked out

seat just sitting in there to get a feel for the shifter location

85C3A3B7-76FD-448B-A0B8-589C7B4DAE1B-3833-0000022A5EB913B3_zpse2343a8b.jpg

the car as it sits right now

DCE0D362-696E-47E0-8FE9-A4207F3DC1EA-3833-0000022A4F61F866_zps67a8f6ea.jpg

You have an awd shell but you plan on running fwd?

correct.... only reason i got the shell was because it was only 500$ with the 10pt cage and fuel cell setup already installed

also if anyone has any leads on a common dsm seat mount that i could pick up that would be great. just need to mount my kirkey to it to raise up a couple inches

thanks for the motivation.... haters gon hate

because every tom, dick, and harry can build a the same 4g63 with the same parts and be exactly like everyone else. my roots are in Hondas so I love working on them. the wiring is nothing I just recently built my own one off custom harness for my previous race car so that's not an issue. Also the motor that will be going in is a sleeved ls/vtec so the potential to go over 500hp isn't an issue either. I know Honda engines and I know what they are capable off, some people just like to step outside the box from time to time.

thanks, I knew id get hated on over here but I thought I would still throw it up to see how much TRUE car guys that were on here that appreciate a good car not just the die hard DSM nutswingers.

NO DISRESPECT TO ANYONE ON HERE but this car will never have another 4g63 in it

True car guys? Nutswingers? Haha. You are swapping a Honda motor into a DSM saying its for reliability,yet trying to make 500hp? For a drag car And losing the awd? No disrespect but swapping a b18 and making the car FWD is pointless. If you are trying to go run a 1/4 why not stay awd. But it will be interesting to see if it Turns out, and can actually run a good 1/4, not trying to really bag on your project but you have made some ignorant comments.

But hey maybe I'm just not a "true car guy" haha ROFL
Can't argue that I'm a "nutswinger" though

True car guys? Nutswingers? Haha. You are swapping a Honda motor into a DSM saying its for reliability,yet trying to make 500hp? For a drag car And losing the awd? No disrespect but swapping a b18 and making the car FWD is pointless. If you are trying to go run a 1/4 why not stay awd. But it will be interesting to see if it Turns out, and can actually run a good 1/4, not trying to really bag on your project but you have made some ignorant comments.

But hey maybe I'm just not a "true car guy" haha ROFL
Can't argue that I'm a "nutswinger" though

once again.... the "reliability" thing was a joke. i know all race cars are prone to break. My hp goal will be the easy part, making sure it all flows perfectly in a different body will be the only semi challenge but as of yet its been a breeze. If it was fesable for me to do the CRV awd swap i would give it a go but for right now i would just like to get it drivable and see how that goes. And you know what i mean by "nutswingers" some guys just live in their own little world where all other cars suck (like most muscle car guys view imports) i on the other hand respect and like people swapping the 4g63 into civic because its different and cool to see guys combining two different groups together. i know this swap isnt for everyone but its worth a shot to have something i can take to honda AND mitsu meets

Oh I see now so you plan on using an entire honda drive train, I didnt realize you were planning on staying fwd. My mistake I should have read a little better. Another question I have is why choose such a heavy platform for a torqueless motor, the reason hondas can be fast is ### they are weightless. So while 500hp in a civic or teg can get it to move quick I just dont see a motor wiith 500hp but only around 240lb of torque(guesstimate) being any fun or reliable in a dsm.

Oh I see now so you plan on using an entire honda drive train, I didnt realize you were planning on staying fwd. My mistake I should have read a little better. Another question I have is why choose such a heavy platform for a torqueless motor, the reason hondas can be fast is ### they are weightless. So while 500hp in a civic or teg can get it to move quick I just dont see a motor wiith 500hp but only around 240lb of torque(guesstimate) being any fun or reliable in a dsm.

my last SOHC turbo civic had almost 320tq and that was a tiny 1.6

this new motor will be closer to a 2.1L so im hoping somewhere in the 4XXtq range. it may not be a 9 sec car but if itll run 11s im good with that.

Haha I had not a clue what nutswingers ment LOL I'm not into Hondas but doesn't that motor make like 180-190 stock, that's some work to get it to five, but I'm not a Honda guys so I don't know what it tales to get there with that motor, I'm interested to see how you get all this to work in the end, cool if it does just not how I would go about 500hp is all I was trying to get at mostly.
Also won't you have a four lug up front? Different rims? What about all the awd drive train stuff. Did you just take out the drive shaft haha?

my last SOHC turbo civic had almost 320tq and that was a tiny 1.6

this new motor will be closer to a 2.1L so im hoping somewhere in the 4XXtq range. it may not be a 9 sec car but if itll run 11s im good with that.

Dam 11s I hope you have a dam good plan to make those tires hook up LOL FWD 11s Is hard but do able.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back