The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

2 Civic Hatch SI's??

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

97ClipseDSM

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 24, 2004
Stafford, Virginia
After spending a great day with my buddy Ivan (ivanR4g63), we decided to head home. He had work in the morning at 5 am while i needed to stop at a gas station to get some gas since i was pretty low. Strange things occured at bk on 28 in manassas. Many people got pulled over for doing burnouts, even this Red Evo that i saw with my own eyes just slightly let everyone here the BOV while he was leaving..and i see cops chasing down his throat. He gets a list of tickets..sux for him. Well anyway, im heading home cruising at 60 MPH..and out of nowhere i see 2 civic hatch si's fly past me like they were doing 120 MPH. I was like WTF..i didnt even see them in my rearview mirror. It turned out both of these drivers had a sexy g/f with them that i felt sorry for. Still minding my business, im in the middle lane and am surrounded by these punks on each side, they decide to play with me (like im a n/t or something)..wouldnt let me change the lanes. So they both gun it while im in 5th gear and i just stomp on it, didnt even bother to put it in 4th and within seconds i flew past them like there standing still..looked in my rearview mirror i can still hear there loud exhaust like they actually think there gonna catch up..im pulling away 6.. 7. .8 ..9 cars and i let off. So as expected, they take the usuall route and just stop at a 7 eleven to get away from me. Now what im thinking is what were there excuses to there g/f's when they said "wow you got smoked"!

I dont mind serious racers even if its a civic but damn, to be messed around like they got something major done to there car, and for them to act like such kids..its like i was the monkey in the middle. Next time i see them ill be sure to tell them they need to grow up. Im sorry (for those who love hondas) but im gonna have to say this..there are a few dsm's that do this kind of sh!t too but nowhere near as many hondas thinking there in some kind of robbing a truck scene with spearguns.

Dude... you play around with civics... how come they never wanna play with me...

On my way home I didn't see no one to race, but right behind me on 234 was your buddy with the Probe GT, but no go...

anyway nice kill, see ya later...

ivanr4g63 said:
Dude... you play around with civics... how come they never wanna play with me...

On my way home I didn't see no one to race, but right behind me on 234 was your buddy with the Probe GT, but no go...

I have had a few fart can packing cars come at me....then they see the rear diff :(.

Had a guy doing 15 the other day....he would NOT get beside me.

I was driving right through town today, when I see a 2g with altezza's and the middle stock and a raspier than hell crappy sounding exhaust. Im just minding my own bizniz driving along and he stomps the gas, I drop down in second and fly by, LOL ricer ### :thumb:

I'm jealous. All I ever have to play with are park bench Probes and a ratty ass 240sx. I wanted to go toe to toe against this turbo civic but I couldn't bait him.

ivanr4g63 said:

LOL..dude had u waited 2 more mins..we both would have been right beside those 2 ricey ass civics. Then maybe we both couldve acted like an ass to them so they know how it feels..by not letting them get past us.

Crackbender, it always turns out like that when they notice something about yur car or when they get raped, they wont get beside you. If you want to read something really funny..read my "Another Volkswagon kill" in the track section...the dude stopped in the middle of the road with traffic behind him honking the horn for him to get moving. Cause he didnt want to get next to me. Sadly his friend with him forced him to run me again, from a roll, which was a huge mistake on his part :)

I haven't had any bad experiences street racing hondas yet. One of my most fun races was when an RSX challenged me, got beat bad, then lined up again for the 3 honk roll and once again got beat bad. Then he went along on his way but I gave him props for trying again and not being an ass about it. Now mustangs, I meat plenty of assholes in those.

Every one in this thread is why Street racing has gotten A bad rap. WTF, Stoping Traffic? Going 15 Mph? cause you wana race??? #### man, I gotta deal with these ####s When Im delivering in my CRX with Exaust and intake. I dont wana race! I bought the car like this! I dont go around Reving at people, but it seems as though if you have a honda with Exaust means ur in a race 24/7 or some crap. SHIT!

I dont quite understand your post. I dont know if it is an insult towards everyone that has replied in this thread or are you saying "we" DSM owners think that every honda wants to race. Im srry dude but its people in Hondas that do sh!t like that that make "You" look like you wanna race 24/7. If the 2 civic Hatch's went on minding there business while i was in the middle lane, there would have been no trouble. But for them to act like a deausch..is why Honda's make the top 1 (cough cough) in BS Ricer flyby and childish behavior like the one i posted about. Please be more clear on yur post..and you said "when your delivering"..did u mean delivering Pizzas? I just didnt understand your post *maybe cause its early morning here in VA ;) )..srry..it seems like you are insulting "us" as well as the "honda's" that do this BS. No grudge, just clear some things up for me.

PogiTSI said:
Every one in this thread is why Street racing has gotten A bad rap. WTF, Stoping Traffic? Going 15 Mph? cause you wana race??? #### man, I gotta deal with these ####s When Im delivering in my CRX with Exaust and intake. I dont wana race! I bought the car like this! I dont go around Reving at people, but it seems as though if you have a honda with Exaust means ur in a race 24/7 or some crap. SHIT!

The guy was revving on me and slowed down after i hung my cell up and looked at him.

I don't stop traffic so get of my case and stop assuming....I generally don't race but this guy was making me mad revving at me when I am trying to talk on my cell.

Rice Over Wheat said:
I haven't had any bad experiences street racing hondas yet. One of my most fun races was when an RSX challenged me, got beat bad, then lined up again for the 3 honk roll and once again got beat bad. Then he went along on his way but I gave him props for trying again and not being an ass about it. Now mustangs, I meat plenty of assholes in those.

Hahaha, i bet you deep down inside he was thinking "not fair he has a turbo" :rolleyes:
I actually saw this very very sick looking 80's 5.0 GT convertible the other day, it was lime green ( yeah the color turned me off) but it sounded badass. I saw that aftermarket hood and decided to just continue at my normal speed, he was cool about it, never tried to gun it or anything. And then moments later what do u know?? A crappy V-6 Mustang with white viper stripes and a boost gauge (could it be a myth? :rolleyes: ) flys past me..i was trying to catch up to him to line up so he doesnt complain about an unfair race..he didnt want to slow down so i was like f-k that i throw it in 3rd while he gets the 3 car head start and i just gun it and blow past him..owned his ass by 9 cars or so.

97ClipseDSM said:
After spending a great day with my buddy Ivan (ivanR4g63), we decided to head home. He had work in the morning at 5 am while i needed to stop at a gas station to get some gas since i was pretty low. Strange things occured at bk on 28 in manassas. Many people got pulled over for doing burnouts, even this Red Evo that i saw with my own eyes just slightly let everyone here the BOV while he was leaving..and i see cops chasing down his throat.

I was in the evo

fastdsm18 said:
I was in the evo

Oh ok so that was the Evo that one of your friend owns..i remember meeting him. Well wut happened, i saw the cops pull you over 1/4 down the road. I remember hearing the cop floor his sh!t and then putting on the lights, than another cop floored it and put on his lights and then went blazing after you. What did the cops say? What ticket(s) did you get cause i remember going to the aamco for gas on the side where u were pulled over and i saw he had a a couple of tickets in his hand.

Also did your friend not see those 2 cops just hiding back there?? Not saying he did anything wrong, it was just kinda like a BOV salute, nothing wrong with that.

well my friend I guess was trying to show off so he pulled out going full speed did not even see the stop sign and kept on going then when we turned onto 28 which is where we got stopped we could see some cop lights really far away so he pulled over and the lights were for him. The cop asked my friend why he was driving like an idiot and stuff like that and made us all get out of the car and patted us down. Then he gave my friend a reckless and send us on our way.

Damn, civics never rev up on me because A) they know theyre gon get spanked or B) they don;t know what the fakk and eagle talon is

97ClipseDSM said:
I dont quite understand your post. I dont know if it is an insult towards everyone that has replied in this thread or are you saying "we" DSM owners think that every honda wants to race. Im srry dude but its people in Hondas that do sh!t like that that make "You" look like you wanna race 24/7. If the 2 civic Hatch's went on minding there business while i was in the middle lane, there would have been no trouble. But for them to act like a deausch..is why Honda's make the top 1 (cough cough) in BS Ricer flyby and childish behavior like the one i posted about. Please be more clear on yur post..and you said "when your delivering"..did u mean delivering Pizzas? I just didnt understand your post *maybe cause its early morning here in VA ;) )..srry..it seems like you are insulting "us" as well as the "honda's" that do this BS. No grudge, just clear some things up for me.
Deliverying I mean, yah pizza delivery. but I Deliver wings. and burgers and shit. Anyhoo, yah I know the honda Crap, is making every honest honda driver look bad. but Crap people, Learn to keep ur Foot of the floor cause some jerk off is reving at you. Like if a honda FLYS pass you, doesnt mean hes doing a Ricer Fly by, maybe hes just moving. Why Drop it a gear, and Catch up?????

PogiTSI said:
Deliverying I mean, yah pizza delivery. but I Deliver wings. and burgers and shit. Anyhoo, yah I know the honda Crap, is making every honest honda driver look bad. but Crap people, Learn to keep ur Foot of the floor cause some jerk off is reving at you. Like if a honda FLYS pass you, doesnt mean hes doing a Ricer Fly by, maybe hes just moving. Why Drop it a gear, and Catch up?????

Please read my post again. It says nothing about dropping a gear and catching up, i dont know where yur getting all this stuff from. Second, the 2 mofos in the civic didnt just "pass" me, they continued to play with me by not letting me change lanes up to the point where i had to destroy those mofos to scare them away and leave me alone and also i didnt drop it a gear.."READ" my post again..it says i left it in 5th and just stomped it..like i said READ my post again for you to understand what is even going on.

Jesse, that really sux man. Has your friend got similar tickets before?Damn, a wreckless ticket is gonna f-k him up really bad. I still cant believe he didnt see those 2 PO PO's like just sitting there. I can understand "showing" off to a limit but to get on it like you said, thats always gonna get you in trouble. From what i saw, he didnt look like he was speeding, looked more like he was trying to let people hear his BOV.

97ClipseDSM said:
Please read my post again. It says nothing about dropping a gear and catching up, i dont know where yur getting all this stuff from. Second, the 2 mofos in the civic didnt just "pass" me, they continued to play with me by not letting me change lanes up to the point where i had to destroy those mofos to scare them away and leave me alone and also i didnt drop it a gear.."READ" my post again..it says i left it in 5th and just stomped it..like i said READ my post again for you to understand what is even going on.
you re-read my POST, I said LIKE, not meaning you. so what if they reved, so what if they were messing with you. so what? why go down to there level?

god you guys think 2 hatches in one night is cool. i hate california, i actually look for just competition now.i found the wolfs den of import ignorance last night. a nice big group of kids with bright smiles on their faces thinking they owned the world. i raced 2 b16 tegs from a stop, creamed them by 4 cars at 60mph, then raced 3 more tegs from a roll, decimated them. then a orange hatch with white graphics and rims i killed, and another older red hatch with a supposed b18c5. peace. the ones i raced from a roll, i only downshifted on the red hatch cause he took off before me. needless to say, that was the last i saw of those certain cars that night. after every race, the loser/honda turned off the cruise(street). it got really boring after a bit.

then i found some real competition. rx7tt that was stock in form was really fun.

i dont think of racing the lesser as bringing myself down to their level. i think of it as opening their eyes to real performance. maybe i can make this kid see that theres more to the import scene than altezzas and intakes, that theres more things than bolt ons or "turbo style" mufflers on a non turbo, that theres more things in the world than "all motor". just cause "all motor" is the less complicated way to acieve 14's, doesnt mean its always the fastest. remember kids, turbo lag at its worst will come in at 4k rpm, Vtec however, is the worst kind of lag. it comes in at 5.5k and has 1/4 the gains of a turbo.

"vtec, all the lag, none of the boost. its like waiting for bad sex."

97ClipseDSM said:
Hahaha, i bet you deep down inside he was thinking "not fair he has a turbo" :rolleyes: .

He probably thought I was n/a. All my badging is gone and I have cf altezzas in back with the middle piece painted, and I get challenged a lot so I'm guessing they have something to do with it. :D

Thomas91169 said:
god you guys think 2 hatches in one night is cool. i hate california, i actually look for just competition now.i found the wolfs den of import ignorance last night. a nice big group of kids with bright smiles on their faces thinking they owned the world. i raced 2 b16 tegs from a stop, creamed them by 4 cars at 60mph, then raced 3 more tegs from a roll, decimated them. then a orange hatch with white graphics and rims i killed, and another older red hatch with a supposed b18c5. peace. the ones i raced from a roll, i only downshifted on the red hatch cause he took off before me. needless to say, that was the last i saw of those certain cars that night. after every race, the loser/honda turned off the cruise(street). it got really boring after a bit.

then i found some real competition. rx7tt that was stock in form was really fun.

i dont think of racing the lesser as bringing myself down to their level. i think of it as opening their eyes to real performance. maybe i can make this kid see that theres more to the import scene than altezzas and intakes, that theres more things than bolt ons or "turbo style" mufflers on a non turbo, that theres more things in the world than "all motor". just cause "all motor" is the less complicated way to acieve 14's, doesnt mean its always the fastest. remember kids, turbo lag at its worst will come in at 4k rpm, Vtec however, is the worst kind of lag. it comes in at 5.5k and has 1/4 the gains of a turbo.

"vtec, all the lag, none of the boost. its like waiting for bad sex."

All i have to say to your post is...AMEN. Everything you said is so true and is one of the reasons why i beat on those 2 civics so they realize there lacking real performance...im not in any way saying my car is a Jet..its not..but its definitely miles ahead of those 2 civics..when they get to my level, then they can come talk to me.

Untill then, Playing with me in traffic by inferrior cars, u can rest assure that i will always teach them a lesson if it gets out of hand. There are many cars in Woodbridge VA that have done that to me and i ended up just WHOOPING there ass bad..and guess what..now everytime they see me they dont want to get next to me, had a guy the other day who got beat 5 days prior, we both hit a traffic light and i was up to the line, and he was about 2 cars back, he never wanted to get next to me.

I have some respect for these hatches.

We have 6 of them arond here that run high 10's, low 11's. Just don't pass them all off as some punk kids with nothing going on under the hood. :shhh:

midnght said:
I have some respect for these hatches.

We have 6 of them arond here that run high 10's, low 11's. Just don't pass them all off as some punk kids with nothing going on under the hood. :shhh:

They certainly get my respect if they run those kind of times. Hell they get my respect if they run a better time than my GS-T. But if i had lost to those 2 hatches, id still come on here and post about there Idiotic Behavior on the road, the way they were driving was just way too dangerous. If not them, someone else could have been hurt including me because when i was trying to change lanes he put on his brakes and got in my lane, i nearly hit him. Its stupid ass MOFO's like these that make me hate these HONDA'S.

While street racing is not good, some of us still do it. The only time you will catch me street racing is if everything is clear, i think of myself as a very responsible driver. You will never catch me trying to be a d!ck on the road. If i do spot a nice car, i will compliment him rather than rev on him or fly by him, thats all just HONDA'ish crap. Just ask my friend IvanR4G63, that same day when we were heading to 28, i spotted this really beasty looking corvette, instead of being a d!ck (which is not me) and flying by him or revving on him, i had Ivan take a picture of him and give him a thumbs up. Either Race me, or quit this stupid idiotic behavior, RicerFLYBY, and Hazards for 45 seconds BS!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back