The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

1st Time at the Track with my NEW 2g

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gsxeclipsed

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 24, 2004
Greenwood, Indiana
I went to the track for the first time ever this past week. I was pretty nurvous being my first time down a drag strip. My first 2 passes i missed 3rd and ran in the 18's. My 3rd pass was 2.8 60' but hit all the gears once i calmed down and ran a 17.6. My 4th and final pass of the night i knew i could go faster and i did but still no 60' times. Any suggestions on helping my 2g NT 60' better? Anyway here is the link to the time slip.

http://www.dsmtuners.com/gallery/files/3/9/1/7/4/timeslip.jpg

17.574 at 80.78 with a 2.75 60'

Well when I had my old 2G N/T, I ran a 16.3@83. But, I had almost every bolt-on, minus nitrous, you could get. My suggestion would be to get some sticky tires to help the 60' times. With no turbo/nitrous and FWD, your 60's will be difficult to get down. I think my best 60' was a 2.39. Just get a few mods like headers and an exhaust and your times will come down.

im ganna barrow a set a drag radials from my friend for my next trip to the track. the 2g is just my DD i just bought a 1ga with 67K original miles on it. it sat forever and have a few issuse but nothing too difficult.

i have a 95 talon esi, basic mods like CAI, header, test pipe, vibrant axle back, b&m short throw. Im actually running 60 psi compression in cylinder 4 do to hydrolocking it (not a fan of cai's any more LOL) plus STOCK clutch, never been replaced.

When i got to the track i disconnected my a/c-p/s belt and lowered my tire pressure to 25 psi. (fuzion hri cheep @$$ 195's)

First time to the track, i ran FULL interior, including spare tire, sub and amp.

1/4 was a 16.197 with a 2.408 60 ft.

Took out my sub, amp, back seats, passenger seat, and spare tire.

1/4 - 15.874 with a 2.368 60 ft. my R/T was 0.277. I knew i could have gotten lower, but the track was closing.

Launched at 2500 rpms with a smooth but quick let-off of the clutch.

The tracks are closed now (IN), but the main thing that will lower your times is practice. Cutting down the 60' is the key (should be around 2.3). Focus on you launch and not you R/T as the R/T has no impact on you 1/4 time.

-Eric

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back