The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

1G 1G fuel pump not getting power

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndrewC

5+ Year Contributor
Nov 6, 2017
Portland, Oregon
I'm trying to start mt 1G TSi for the first time and the fuel pump isn't getting any power. The relay clicks when key is switched but when i remove the relay and test for power there's nothing. Even when i crank the engine there's no power. Fuse is good but I have no idea what else to look for.

Did you fully test the relay? There are two separate relays inside the unit. Ignition/engine side could be working and fuel pump side dead.

There's a test procedure somewhere on here but grounding pin 7 on the mpi relay should energize the fuel pump coil and output 12v to pin 2 that goes to the pump. If you have Link just enable the fuel pump to check.

I don't know what i did but i plugged everything back in and it fired right up. It idles at like 2k i think i have some vacuum leaks but anyone know what i should look at for? Throttle cable is fine

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back