The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

¿What is the size of the headunit?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arbiter

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 21, 2008
Irun, Europe
I am looking to replace the head unit of my car, it's a "computer controlled deck" and a CD-Player, in a single unit, but looks like two of them!

Looking throught ebay I have discovered two names for it
A 1DIN head unit, or a 2DIN head unit.
¿Our car is fitted with a 2DIN unit? Is it possible to install 2 x 1DIN units? IF so How?

Is it possible to fit our cars with these popup TFT units? I think the TFT would not be able to popup cause the heating console, right?

I bought these 2 items from ebay.

eBay Motors: NEW 7" In-Dash VGA Touch Screen Monitor for Car PC/GPS (item 290248270492 end time Jul-28-08 06:03:35 PDT)

eBay Motors: 821 5" LCD IN DASH TOUCHSCREEN TV MONITOR FM DVD PLAYER (item 190239384853 end time Jul-27-08 20:15:00 PDT)

Will I be able to install both?

Please note that the tft screen will be in the upper din slot, and the touchscreen tv/dvd/mp3 player will be on the botton and is the detachable faceplate is a little bigger than standard 1 din (I think it will collide with bottom console).

Ok... I wanted to try but, I am unable to remove the radio.

I have removed the cover that is next to the hand brake, and also the center console cover (The one that holds the center vent).

The radio doesn't want to leave his old home, it looks stuck on the passenger side to something, but I am unable to see where.

¿How should I proceed to remove the radio?

Sorry to ask again, but, how can I remove these two panels?

I don't have too much time to make tha swap, I only have around 50 minutes to work on the car a day

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back