The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Which Fake Racing Seats Should I Get Off eBay?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

curbjbn

Probationary Member
Apr 1, 2006
belgrade, Montana
Hey, does anyone know about the megan racing seats? I need to know if there comfortable, If they sit high or low in the car, and does it have the quick tilt system, Is the material good? If anyone has answers please help. Thank you all.

there great imo. i personally had some time in them in my buddies auto x focus. the bolsters hold up great, they dont even budge when coming wot out of a turn. the fabric is real nice and doesnt feel cheap. they sat low in his car but im assuming that you can make them sit as low or high as you want with a little custom fabbing on your own. the ones that he had did have the quicktilt system, but i have seen them without it to.

I like them as well.... i've sat in them in my buddies Probe GT and they were very nice. the fabric was decent but im picky in that aspect. his seats didn't have the tilt system but i have heard of them having it. i would get em

Thanks alot you guys, that pretty much made up my mind that im getting the seats. That helps hearing about them from other people.

Before you buy them, I believe on SBR it says that haven't made brackets for them yet. Just something to look into.

*From SBR- - Price 249.95 is for one seat only. These are sold as individuals with sliders only! For Mitsubishi applications like the Eclipse, Talon, Laser, Galant etc. and Subaru Applications like the WRX and STi you will need to adapt or make brackets because as of right now, no bolt in units are available just yet.

making brackets isnt hard at all. if you need help making them ill send you the pics and a write up of how i made my brackets.

I don't want to clutter up the forums, but does anyone have any experience with the Tenzo R seats?

Spooling99 said:
Before you buy them, I believe on SBR it says that haven't made brackets for them yet. Just something to look into.

*From SBR- - Price 249.95 is for one seat only. These are sold as individuals with sliders only! For Mitsubishi applications like the Eclipse, Talon, Laser, Galant etc. and Subaru Applications like the WRX and STi you will need to adapt or make brackets because as of right now, no bolt in units are available just yet.

We actually have brackets now on our site for these seats. We list wedge brackets for 1g's, 2g's, 3/S, 3g, and 4g Eclipse's. (And Talons/Lasers)

These take about 2 weeks, but are very high quality, and for those guys that are dangerous with a welder, like me, this is the perfect solution!

alright. thanks. ill probably take a look at those brackets. And anyone else thats had experience with the megan racing seats keep posting what you think about them whether you did or didnt like them. all imput helps.thanks alot everyone.

Did you get them? Are you getting them? If you are can you post pics ### I am looking at those as well.

I'd like to see pics too of how high they sit as well.
Also I inquired about these as well and the vendor said that the tilt lever is in the front of seat so there is no difference between the driver side and pass side seat. Is this true?
Anyone have actual pics of them installed?

I'd like to see pics too of how high they sit as well.
Also I inquired about these as well and the vendor said that the tilt lever is in the front of seat so there is no difference between the driver side and pass side seat. Is this true?
Anyone have actual pics of them installed?

That's a great question... Chris can you confirm this?

I don't mind the factory seatbelts but I hate the sloppy feel and support of the stock 2G seats. I'd like to put in some higher performance seats like the Megans but I don't want to go to a four or five point harness. Is that possible?

Hey guys I actually bought these seats. I love them. They do sit a lot higher with the brackets from wedge. I actually have to have the passenger seat reclined so I can see out the window and check the blind spot. When you close the door they do touch the door but nothing crazy no marks or anything.
And yes the passenger side and driver side are exactly the same.
This is the only pic I have on my photobucket currently
And when you move the seat all the way forward ( for people to climb in the back) the top of the seat rubs against the visor.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
very nice, i definitely wouldn't mind having a set of those. I'm still hunting around the junkyards for a nice 1g leather set up though.

Ok, I have to ask, what is your harness mounted to? It looks like it goes into the rear seats, and that can't be very safe at all if that is the case. Any chance you can snap some more pictures, like of the door rub on the seat.

I can get some more pics tonight. The harness for now is moutned to where the rear seat belt connect to. I have no other place to mount it. And the car has been sitting for a while since winter so I won't be crushing anything. I plan on moving it, just not too sure where to mount it yet. I've read that the bar from machv isn't that safe either. Any ideas?

Best option would be to remove the rear seats since it looks like you don't drive the car that much. Then look for possible spots there. If you need some ideas, check the gallery. There are plenty of photos of harnesses in there.

It sounds like when you're referring to how "high" the seats sit, you're talking about the seatback's and how "tall" they are. My question is, how "high" do the seats sit in comparision to heighth from the floorboard?

Any update for us Gamble97? One other thing, I was looking over that picture you put up. You said something about people climbing in back, well how do they do this with your harnesses in the way? I imagine they sit between them but still. If you have racing seats and harnesses, I don't think your car is meant for more than yourself and one passenger at this point.

I only have that 1 harness and I hardly ever use it, but if someone climbs in back they are on the passenger side. I was going to take a pic last night but my battery died, I have them charged up so i can take pics when I get off of work.
And yes I meant how tall the seats were, not how high, if it makes a difference.
I'll snap a pic of the wedge seat bracket as well so you can get an idea. I wish they weren't as high/tall but I don't think they could of been made any other way.
Also, what I forgot to say about that seats that really suck is that there is no headrest at all.

So, did you notice a difference in how high they sit? The reason I ask is because my car came with some ebay deathtrap seats and they sit WAY high. They're so high that the steering wheel rubs on my thighs and I have to scrunch my head down so that it doesn't hit the ceiling. I think my back is permantley screwed from these seats being so f'ed up.

There's a lot of stuff that needs to be cleared up in this thread about these seats...

I've had them now for over 2 years and would NOT recommend them. They're not horrible for the price but as far as seats go they're quite bad.

When I first got the seats, I thought they looked great and felt nice. They are comfortable and I like the way they hold. I used brackets from WEDGE engineering to mount them on both sides. The first thing I noticed is they do sit higher than stock. Once everything is bolted in and the seat sliders are in place, they sit around 1/2 inch to 1 inch or so higher than my stock power seats in the lowest position... This was really disappointing because I was having issues wearing a helmet for track days with the stock seats as my head would barely hit the roof (I'm 6' 3").

I decided to eliminate the silder mechanism... I removed the sliders (dropped the seat down right around an inch, they were maybe slightly lower sitting than stock but almost the same) and drilled holes for the seats directly into the bracket. I test fitted the position and drilled the seat, keep in mind if you do this you obviously can NOT slide your seat forward or backward, it is where it is. The recliner is still in place and functioning though.

On to other problems.. The back part of the seats do recline and there are knobs on both sides, so there isn't a driver or passenger seat, they're both the same. The knob is pretty slow to adjust to be honest but has good range of adjustment. It does have a quick tilt feature to allow access to the rear seats but the whole seat mechanism is low quality and doesn't work all that great.

The low price of the seat really shows in just about every way possible. The back part gets very loose and can be moved forward and backward a few inches by your hand even when in the locked position. This only gets worse with time.. I really don't abuse these seats or do anything abnormal with them (at least not in the driver seat...LOL). Also, the plastic inserts that fit where the harnesses come thru the seats always fall out and are annoying to put back in.

The fabric really isn't nice, especially if you've sat in any type of decent racing seat (even a $300 sparco seat is miles better than these in every way really.)

At first I didn't think they were too bad, but it didn't take long for them to start falling apart and I quickly realized these seats were crappy. A seat is obviously a very important part of a car and not something you want to cheap out on. I can't wait to get some real seats in my car.. looking at the Sparco Fighters right now.

There are pics of the seats installed in my profile gallery. Once again they don't look too bad and are pretty comfortable but they are poor quality and really can't withstand even normal use in a car, especially our DSMs. I also had every same issue that Gamble97 reported. BTW, my friend got a pair of these seats the same time I did, and has had every single problem that I've had, if not worse. He ditched them and got Sparcos.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Latest Classifieds

• Wanted 2g 2gb awd rear passenger knuckle
    Wtb 2gb awd rear passenger knuckle
    • Tkuhn89
    • Updated:
    • Expires
  • For sale 4G63 Few parts
    Few parts-6 bolt oil filter housing with oil cooler/ -10 an line/fittings 10”x6”x1.5” oil...
    • Dsm_canadian_mike
    • Updated:
    • Expires
  • For sale Auto parts
    Auto 1g/2g parts
    • jweber
    • Updated:
    • Expires
  • Wanted 1g Fuel level sending unit
    RTM Racing
    • TuskeeTuner
    • Updated:
    • Expires
  • For sale 4G63 Kosei K1 Wheels with Tires
    16 X 7 Kosei K1 Wheels $700 ( Pick Up in 08080 NJ )- I just recently had these freshly powder...
    • jersygsx
    • Updated:
    • Expires
Back