The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

Turbochargers.com GT Manifold

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jibberishballr

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 23, 2005
Chico, California
I'm planning on getting the 2G solution kit from turbochargers.com but wanted to know if anyone had any experience with the ported manifold that comes with the kit?

I have heard nothing bad about the manifold. It looks alot like a EVO III Manny to me.

I would suggest going with the MHI EVO III since they actually give you a choice though.

It's a good deal, go for it

TSIMonsteR said:
I have heard nothing bad about the manifold. It looks alot like a EVO III Manny to me.

I would suggest going with the MHI EVO III since they actually give you a choice though.

It's a good deal, go for it

yea im goin with the MHI. I wouldnt buy the kit if it was the GT model of just the Big16g.
I just did some searching and found out a little more about the manifold. Im just looking for opinions about this manifold from people who own it. I dont want the SBR or any other manifold, its either this or the stock 2G which i know would be sufficient (i just dont want to port if i dont have to).

I've just bought the manifold and just finish installing it 3days ago. You will run into some clearance problems screwing on the top 4 nuts. It will not fit the socket ranch, so I had to use a ranch, 12mm U side and I was having problems tightening it. Other than that, turbo spools alot better.

Used to have one on my old dsm. It definetly looks well made and it performs great. It even comes pretapped in case you decide to install an EGT gauge.

I know this thread is kind of old, but didn't want to start another one regarding the same manifold. It says on the website that the GT manifold doesn't fit 1g automatics, but can someone confirm that it fits 2g automatic cars? I tried contacting turbochargers.com about the question, but still haven't received an answer yet.

Before installing it, place it carefully in a vise and use a angle grinder and grind down the edge of the boltholt for the larger stud (the one beside the powersteering pump) ,ive installed 2 of these now and in both cases i had to do that to make it fit

(just take of the roughness left over from casting, do not go ape$hit on it . )

Edit, because of the thicker flanges, the little bracket on the drivers side of the head wont bolt back on, buts thats no big deal.. dont try to bolt down that bracket and ruin your studs. (i bet if you carefully grind the front top of the flange,it will fit..but thats just too much trouble imo)

if you dont know what im talking about, click on my gallery pics,you will "see" that a bracket is missing.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back