The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

turbochargers.com BIG EVO

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ecli1999gs-t

15+ Year Contributor
Apr 27, 2008
Mississauga, Ontario_Canada
From what ive read the fake/knock=off BIG EVO III 16g's have EVOIII GT stamped on the compressor housing.
Ive noticed that this is stamped on the BIG EVOIII 16g's sold on turbochargers.com. Shouldn't it read TD05??? they're not fake are they???
The reason why im asking is because I just placed an order. thanks

That's a lot of BS just to say it's a cheaply-made 16g with a "special" exhaust housing on it. I'd rather buy a real Mitsu turbo and port it myself for free, instead of taking a chance on what is known to be a potentially unreliable turbo.

I agree with you. Its always better to be safe then sorry. However, I did alot more reading on the subject and from what Ive read those who have purchased the turbo only have good things to say and those who are 100% for mitsubishi dont like the idea of knockoffs. These people are the ones who bash the 16g evo gt with no proof other then its not a true MHI. Which is a very good reason why not to like the EVO GT, however, like i mentioned above those who have real experience with the turbo seem to enjoy it. Plus the bang for the buck factor.

Well, I hope you have good luck with it. I'm sure there's plenty of them out there that work great. My personal preference is for the MHI turbos, though.

All I really meant though was that it was a really long explanation, just to explain that it was a cheaper version of the original. And whoever named that turbo the "EVO 3 GT" clearly wanted it to be associated with, and possibly confused for, the EVO III 16g.

I purchased the turbochargers.com evo gt turbo. I have never had a problem with it. It has roughly 14,000 miles on it right now and has been a good turbo for my needs. When I was researching to buy it. I read a lot of negative feedback on it from different people. After contacting them through PM. I soon found out everyone bashing it has never actually ran the turbo. They only "heard" it was not a good turbo. So I decided to give it a try. Like I said it has been a great turbo, but now I have a gt42r sitting in my office.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back