The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

2G Recondition Engine 4g63T

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

manuel2063

Probationary Member
May 9, 2003
Hello all here is my story. I have a 99 Eclipse GST.

The problem I am having is I had a cloud of white smoke all the time when I drove my car and thought it was the turbo. I took it apart and could not find anything wrong with it. This past weekend I did a compression test because the idle was rough and the test result for all cylinders were perfect, but the #1 piston was full of antifreeze and my spark plug was wet. After that I drove the car and it started to overheat and antifreeze was coming out of the exhaust manifold. I have researched the forum and can't find any explanation except that I may have a cracked head. If this is the case I don't think the warranty will cover it since the car overheated but how can I be certain. I replaced the thermostat and when I drove it, the reservoir was full and my radiator hose got larger I guess from the pressure.

Any information will be appreciated.

Blah, if its still in its drivetrain warranty period, theres pretty much nothing they can refuse to do (unless it isn't broken). Even if its just out of warranty, theres not much you can't get done without a little whining or threatting to call corparate customer care or management. You just gotta know how the system works.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back