The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Misc connector id

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bedicine

Proven Member
Jan 3, 2022
Toronto, ON_Canada
Hello

Hoping someone can help me identify these connectors located under the drivers side dash of a 1997 gsx. I’m also not sure of which plug goes into the side of the ectas, I don’t seem to have anything that fits it. Car is a manual and I have deleted the abs if that matters.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

1st photo: side of the under dash fuse box/ectas. I don’t see a plug that fits in here.

2nd photo: this is a blue plug that’s coming from the harness which feeds the rear of the car down the drivers side door. Everything else has a home except this one.

3rd/4th photo: black plug that’s hanging down from harness that goes over the steering column. Don’t have a connector that accepts this

5th photo: this plug is attached to the plug that feeds the brake pedal switch. Looks to be the same as clutch pedal and such but I have those connected already

Thank you

Are you piecing this car together? It appears you have a mismatched harness (from a vehicle w/o a Theft Alarm System) and an ETACS-ECU (from a vehicle with a Theft Alarm System).

The black connector I’m identifying as B-94, a black 16-pin connector for the ETACS-ECU on vehicles without the alarm system, pins arranged in two rows of 8. If the two matched, it would plug in to the white receiver on the side of the ETACS-ECU in your first picture. The proper connector for the shown ETACS-ECU is B-48, a black 20-pin connector made up of two rows of 10.

The blue one, I don’t believe I ever found a home for it with a number of other members. But now that makes some sense with the above mentioned ETACS mismatch. If the vehicle doesn’t have a theft alarm system or keyless entry, then this goes to nothing. It’s a 14-pin connector, correct? B-73 fits the bill, listed as Rear Wiring Harness and Body Wiring Harness Combination for vehicles with central door locking system. See:
420a Eclipse…. what is this wire?
2G ID this Blue Connector

This last link is a two-for, mentioning the blue connector again and providing an explanation for the 2-pin white connector in your 5th picture:
Wiring/Connector Questions

Last edited:
Thanks Brian

Yes I had the harness with the shell. Is there anyway to add in the factory alarm or make use of what I have and not rip everything out of the interior? I’d prefer to make use of the alarm system as I have the sensors/horn , etc for it

Also just checked the last link you provided but it didnt show that small connector you referenced, Just the blue one?

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ll need to spend some time with the diagrams to figure out what might be done to get around doing a bunch of work.

Sorry about that last link - I’ve fixed it. It’s not so easy juggling stuff around on a phone. :coy:

Appreciate that. I think I have everything needed other then that.

Wireless door remotes with the unit that goes in the drivers side rear and the hood pressure switch. Is there anything else that would be needed?

Thanks for the help

I just realized when I installed my turbo timer I assumed I had the factory alarm so I modified the harness like the link below. Do you think I need to put it back to how it was or will it still function without the factory alarm

Turbo timer instal

Sorry about that last link - I’ve fixed it. It’s not so easy juggling stuff around on a phone. :coy:

Once I was in an elevator at Boeing with a guy who was trying to do something on his phone and having a hard time with it. I asked him if he had ever dropped it. He said, "No but I've thought about just throwing it at the wall a few times." 😂

So I haven’t had the chance to spend with this as I’d like and not sure I’m going get the opportunity any time soon. Component-wise, there’s an extra door lock relay and a diode in addition to the pieces you mentioned already.

We can see in your picture that the connector for the ETACS unit (the black connector) has 8 total wires coming out of it. The connector for the ETACS on vehicles with the alarm system has at least 17 that I have been able to track so far.

I would recommend getting the service manual and start identifying where each of the other wires runs and determine if the time and effort are worth it to you to add.

MB920447. A few used ones are listed on eBay. If it’s still available new, it doesn’t seem to be overly expensive, either.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back