The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Late 7 bolt build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

speedymikedsm

Probationary Member
May 7, 2017
Denver, Colorado
I'm going thru the engine because of a scratched cylinder wall. I was told to get it bored out .020 over. I wanted to do a mild update with pistons and rods.

What would be my best bang for the buck without spending over $1000

Last edited by a moderator:
If you don't want to go with aftermarket forged internal parts, then go with the stock rods and NPR pistons (or Enginetech pistons which is NPR pistons). That's probably what most of members here would recommend you unless you are making very high power.

Last edited:
Basic Chinese H-beams and standard Wisecos in a compression ratio of your choice would be the best bet. Don't go over 9.0:1 if you're running pump gas on a smaller turbo. You should be able to get a set of the rods new for $250ish with hardware...pistons will vary in price depending what you buy and from where.

Yeah I don't plan on making more than 350hp. I'll keep the 16g I have. Plus I live in Denver so the altitude and quality of gas here is a factor. I like air conditioning and full factory creature features. So cheap pistons are rods are the way to go for this build I'm doing. Should I stay in the eBay piston and rod combo?
I'll look into a combo so I can get this ball rolling

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back