The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Help me identify fuel system wires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicknorth11

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 9, 2005
Grand Blanc, Michigan
First, I need to know which wires are for the low level indicator and float valve on a 2g gst.

Second, I bought a used Full Blown dual Walbro hanger and need help wiring it up. It has seven wires:
(2) red: 12v power
(2) black: chassis ground
Yellow (soldered to red):
Purple (soldered to black):
Gray (soldered to brown):

I talked to a guy at Full Blown and he said two of them are for the float valve and one is for the low-level indicator. It looks like the red and black are to the float valve and the gray is to the low level indicator, but I'm not familiar with this stuff, so I want to be sure. I have attached a couple of pics to help illustrate.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Use an ohm meter to id what wire is what on the sender.
Hook it up to the ground wire on the sender,( likely one of the black wires) & test each of the other 2 wires from the sending unit in ohms.
The sender will be a variable resistance with the float arm moved= fuel level.

The other will be open or low resistance with the float down- low fuel level.

Use an ohm meter to id what wire is what on the sender.
Hook it up to the ground wire on the sender,( likely one of the black wires) & test each of the other 2 wires from the sending unit in ohms.
The sender will be a variable resistance with the float arm moved= fuel level.

The other will be open or low resistance with the float down- low fuel level.

I hooked the purple (black) to ground and got these results:
Positive:
yellow = 4-59 ohms (moved with float)
gray = read 1 (open?)

I think the diagram below is correct, except I need to know what the wires on the awd 2nd sender harness are for and how they tie in.

Attachments

These help any?

Attachments

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back