The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

420A Hard Start 420a '98 GS

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jonnychance

Proven Member
Jul 2, 2017
Cashmere, Washington
Anyone know about hard starts when my cars sits for awhile? I've already checked the obvious battery, alt., starter, changed spark plugs, changed coolant temp. Sensor.
I checked the voltage for the cam angle sensor 8volts for power and 5volts for the switch.
This is the only problem. Car drives perfect. Acceleration is perfect, same with idle. No dimming lights. It's only a hard start.

I would say it's probably a loss of fuel pressure, draining back through a worn fuel pump. This is usually the first indicator that a fuel pump needs to be replaced, and the pump can function well enough to properly run the engine in early stages. To test my theory, allow the car to sit for a while, then check the fuel pressure at the rail. A healthy fuel pump can hold steady pressure for 6 months, up to a year in my experience. If there is a drain back at the pump, it can happen in as quick as a few hours or a few days. A few weeks in early stages.

That’s what I thought but has 40psi to the rail an priming it or using starting fluid dosnt help unfortunately but tonight I’m gonna check my timing

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back