The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Greddy Turbo Kit?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhoNeedsV8

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 26, 2004
Kenosha, Wisconsin
Just wondering if anyone has purchased a 18g turbo kit from Greddy? Did you feel like it was worth the money? Contemplating on buying one for a future DSM project.

The greddy kit has 400+ whp potential on an internally untouched 4G63 http://dsm.aenewton.com/images/18g.jpg

This is the kit http://www.kinkyimports.com/store/merchant.mvc?store_code=KI&screen=PROD&product_code=11530011

but for that same price, you can get a turbo, fmic and injectors, check out www.forcedperformance.com and www.agpturbo.com

If you do decide to get the 18g, I would suggest an external wastegate, 660cc injectors, 2.5" I/C piping, a fmic, 3 inch exhaust from turbo back, ported exhaust and intake manifold, head work, Crower 264/276 cams, walbro 255lph fuel pump and Adjustable regulator, Super AFC and electronic boost controller, ACT 2600 clutch and lightened flywheel and a 1.80 60ft launch, you can do mid to low 11's.

Alright thanks, it's definately overpriced compared to other kits.

WhoNeedsV8 said:
Alright thanks, it's definately overpriced compared to other kits.

what other kits are you considering to purchase?

i hear that the EVO2-16G turbo is really good, but i don't know if any company offers it with a kit setup.

i hear that the EVO2-16G turbo is really good, but i don't know if any company offers it with a kit setup.[/QUOTE]

First of ALL, its an evo3-16g turbo. I have no idea about a kit though..I do know there is an instAll kit but they run about $200 OR so and come with a j-pipe, some oil lines and other install parts. That's it. For sure though they can be bought for around $550-600 which leaves a lot of room for all the extra neccessary things you'll need with any turbo. Buy the 16G, and leave the Greddy Turbo kits for the ricers hondas ;) !

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back