The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

420A extended crank issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve1559

Probationary Member
Mar 21, 2022
Salisbury, Maryland
my extended crank issue is as follows: when I turn the key to on I can hear the fuel pump priming and when turning the key to start it turns over strong but takes about 6 seconds to catch. what's up with this? I can immediately kill the engine and immediately attempt to start it again and it still takes 6 seconds at least to catch. has anybody dealt with this issue thanks for the response.

Does it seem to run fine once it starts? Try priming the fuel pump a few times before you start it and see if that changes anything.
thanks for the response. runs fine after the extended start. have turned the key on and off to hear the fuel pump purr each time 4 times back-to-back but then the crank attempt is still extended about 6 seconds to successfully start the engine. again, runs fine once it's started. thanks for the input

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back