The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Clear coat not sticking to valve cover

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

@CrackedDSM that looks good. How did you do the lettering? Did it oxidize quick/easy and did you have to polish them? Did you use etch primer?

If my clear coat idea worked, I was just going to topcoat the letters in color with the rest then wipe clean before it dried.

Etch primer, and I just quickly hand-sanded the letters off. The VC itself has massively bad oxidation, and would require a grinder to actually get polished perfectly, and I decided I didn't want to do that. I just used a sanding wheel on my drill and buzzed them clean. I haven't coated the letters and they still aren't oxidized or rusted. Which amazes me tbh. If I wanted to though I could do Jafro's method of polishing them and make them like mirrors pretty easily.

I've painted a sh*t ton of these VCs though. I just like doing it. Don't know why. :p I need to dig and find pictures of all of my old VCs too. The one on my old gray 1G to date is my favorite.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back