The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

carbon fiber hoods - pics please

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frakkin toaster

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 10, 2011
on a lake, Texas
noob here.....planning to get a cf hood for a 99 gsx i may be getting. im wanting to get some ideas so i searched ebay and the first thing i noticed is how hard it is to see the hoods with all the "watermarks" they use plus the pic is usually too small to see the details.

some of the pics are just of the hood and do not show it on the car. please post up some of yours. also, does anyone have some painted or half cf & painted? maybe there are fiberglass or alternate metal style? thx in advance :thumb:

Let me google that for you

But anyway. Most people on this forum prefer the factory style hood. I don't know much about other materials but i bought mine off some dude on CL. Got it for 200 it was in horrible condition. Bought a paint gun, paint and other supplies. Spent a weekend working on it. Came out like new... better than new considering it won't fade anymore. Total investment... about 320. Im not sure if you would want to go threw all the hassle though.

Edit: Damn it Boostinsideways. You beat me to it.

ahhh....gotta love the noob questions right? i try hard not to use google or walmart....between the two they will eventually take over the world. so im trying to delay that. i was more interested in what ppl here had. thx, i will check out the gallery now that i know there is one.

ahhh....gotta love the noob questions right? i try hard not to use google or walmart....between the two they will eventually take over the world. so im trying to delay that. i was more interested in what ppl here had. thx, i will check out the gallery now that i know there is one.

You might as well stop using the internet now if you want to completely avoid using anything related to Google. ROFL

LOL that google search includes all those little pics with the watermarks + some pics of speakers, nuts & bolts, a dude drinking beer, a vw badge, and a fisherman who just caught a pike...

there was this tho..

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

btw....where did all these talon guys come from?

there was this tho..

Ummm. No.:ohdamn:
Unless you have skin as thick as iron... you can't get a good like that. You will be called a ricer till you... till you... idk... but for a very long time. There is no function for that scoop, its placed over our cam gears. So unless you wanna make sure your cams have sufficient air flow :nono:...
Well i guess in some way it does help get air into the engine bay... but our air intake is on the other side of the car.

The only way i see function from that hood is if you get a N/T 420A and a short ram intake :barf:. But wheres the fun in that? ROFL

oh...i thought maybe someone made a hood & it used baffles or such to divert the air and make that hump useful :hmm:

That ^^^ serves no purpose but cosmetic, unless its a DSM with a 420A motor in it. We do have a gallery here and it is used by most of the members here, you can even search it and find what you're looking for.

I like the color matched candy paint over the CF.

:dsm:

oh...i thought maybe someone made a hood & it used baffles or such to divert the air and make that hump useful :hmm:

Wow... i never thought of that. :|
Doesn't sound like a bad idea considering we don't have any vents besides the ones on the bottom vs other cars that have one on the bottom and one between the hood and front bumper... aka 'grills'

over 40 days straight of this 100+ degree texas weather calls for some extra cooling....especially in the stop & go traffic.

has anyone whos bought one of the various vented hoods see any cooler running temps?

this is my Seibon Evo style hood... I like it more than the VIS cause the VIS looked a lil cheesy to me. Ive noticed engine temps are down which is awesome considering the vegas heat. fits great... it's crazy light compaired to stock... umm, yeah. thats my two cents haha

over 40 days straight of this 100+ degree texas weather calls for some extra cooling....especially in the stop & go traffic.

has anyone whos bought one of the various vented hoods see any cooler running temps?

Having a vent will definitely reduce underhood temps, especially if it's above the exhaust manifold. Many people run vented hoods for this reason (both aftermarket and homemade).

thx for the pics and info guys. that fact that it stays a lot cooler is worth the money to me.

hmm.....is it me or does that hood make it look like a mustang

yeah thats the baffling i was talking about...

That ^^^ serves no purpose but cosmetic, unless its a DSM with a 420A motor in it. We do have a gallery here and it is used by most of the members here, you can even search it and find what you're looking for.

I like the color matched candy paint over the CF.

:dsm:

That is nasty...I like that alot...never thought about that...

Anyone got pix of the G Speed CF hood on a 2G?

I say it looks more like a trans am

ahhh......No! i have a t/a and it does not look like that :nono:

Vented carbon fiber hoods are so nice. Very light and reduce temps by alot. I hold a solid 160-165 coolant temps... well that is with a 160 deg. thermostat but still... If you want to see a pic of what it looks like just look at my profile pics.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back