The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

420A 420a Engine Bay Guessing Game

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

badgoose

5+ Year Contributor
May 16, 2016
Leitchfield, Kentucky
Good Morning DSM’ers

I have a beautiful barn find 98 Eclipse. I have been getting back on the road but I’m missing a bit of stuff. I have searched the internet for other engine images and can see some differences but at this point there’s some things the images can’t really tell. So I’m going to post some engine bay pics and hopefully you wonderful people maybe able to notice something missing.

So far here is items I know is missing.
Engine coolant overflow tank.
Air intake assembly.
Coolant lines to the heater core.
I pulled the battery because the tray is almost non existent and was resting on a motor mount.

Any help would be appreciated
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Here’s some images after replacing the Honda rims that were on it and after stripping the interior, cleaning it and putting it back together.

Nice hood....a personal favorite of mine.
You have the frame to the battery tray, but no metal pan and no plastic tray (not sure if they're the same from turbo to n/t but it looks identical but mirrored)

The heater hoses have been capped off for some reason. The best way to bypass is to loop them together, so I'm not sure why it's been done that way. I can only assume that the heater core is leaking, otherwise there is nothing to be gained from this. I would hook them back up and check for leaks.

Nice hood....a personal favorite of mine.
You have the frame to the battery tray, but no metal pan and no plastic tray (not sure if they're the same from turbo to n/t but it looks identical but mirrored)
Thank you! It is carbon fiber but o believe it was spray painted I have to fix it and ima bondo/fiberglass the vent holes looks like they knocked out so when it rains it leaks on the fuse box and the main hole in the center looks like they riveted a panel on it so it’s got some work but I’ll make it look great. I think they put a bigger battery in it then what it was supposed to have

The heater hoses have been capped off for some reason. The best way to bypass is to loop them together, so I'm not sure why it's been done that way. I can only assume that the heater core is leaking, otherwise there is nothing to be gained from this. I would hook them back up and check for leaks.
Yea ima try to hook them back up to see if there’s any leaks. Fan works but the blower resistor is faulty it only works on a couple of speeds

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back