The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Would anyone be interested in a header for our 1.8?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fr33b1rth

20+ Year Contributor
Jan 20, 2003
Kalamazoo, Michigan
Would anyone else be interested in seeing a header made for all the 4g37 (1.8L SOHC) powered cars or am i alone in this? Please reply. I'm hoping punishment would make one... look at his site if you don't know about his work.

http://www.punishmentracing.com/

fr33b1rth said:
Would anyone else be interested in seeing a header made for all the 4g37 (1.8L SOHC) powered cars or am i alone in this? Please reply. I'm hoping punishment would make one... look at his site if you don't know about his work.

as of right now im going to college soon and my liscense might be taken away do 2 high points but i'll get that taken care of... :cry:

If we could get some headers made, i know people with 1.8L... well, as of right now only one but i bet if i had five i could sell them all to some people locally in wisconsin.

or i could talk to some of the local shops and sell them one too.

you should email punisment and get a quote. if so i'd redo my entire exhaust to a 2.5 inch!

that 1.8 is the lil engine that could... but it's bigger brother keeps kickin it away so it doesn't get any love. people need to start spreadin the love for the 1.8L, make pulley kits ands stuff...

How much money too... im a cheep cracker! how about a special limited time really low introductory price??? :thumb:

fr33b1rth said:

How much more HP would it give our little engine that could?

Im in on this....but how much would it cost?

A header for the 1.8 would be awesome, the stock manifold and heat shield is freakin ugly :thumbdown

Keep us posted :thumb:

any word yet on the 1.8L header??? Please let me know!!! I NEEEEED ONE!!!!

Thanks!!! :dsm:

i have talked to punishment about this its bin awhile so ill have to contact him agian, now that i actually got the money for one ;)

I'd be interested if the price is right and only if it was built with a flange to adapt a turbo, either a 14b/16g varient or a T3/T4 type.

this brings up a good point too... turbo manifolds for a 1.8??? Are there any companies that make these??? I would LOVE to convert my 1.8L to a turbo.... throw like a T3 on there or something, and go out having fun.. LOL.... WAAAAAA..... PPPPPSSSSSHHHH.......

I just got rid of my Talon TSI for my 1.8 Car... to me the 1.8 is actually a better car... the TSI had a busted transfer case, so I didn't feel like paying a chrysler dealer $2300 for a new one... so I just traded it for my mint condition 1.8 93 eclipse... Good trade I think.... now, I just need the power of that 4g63T... LOL.... :D

My sister's 1.8 could use some power... So out of pure morbid curiosity I would like to see the price tag on one.

there is manifold but they don't make them specifically for our cars, they came off the 84- pre 87 dodge colt, plymouth colt and mitsubishi mirage turbo 1.5l.. i have found acouple but haven't really decided on weather to put one on the 1.8l or wait and find a 1.8 that needs some work and biuld that up, but everything u do has to be custom made they don't make anything to install a turbo except a fuel pressure regulator on ebay... you all should know that this has bin done before and hes on this site.. go to galery and type in ginsu417 and it will bring up the pics of the turboed 1.8l. last time i've heard anything he was making 315 at the wheels without nos OMG . hes also made a forum on what you need and have to do to make to turbo the 1.8l. Within a year or so ill be the next 1.8T, LOL :thumb:

turbo the 1.8l

94sohc said:
i would be very interested in a header and i believe that the 1.8L engines are much more reliable!

ya about 30 times more reliable !

very very interested in a 1.8L header!!! I've been looking for some time, with no luck. I was actually going to go down to my local exhaust shop and get a quote for a custom set. so let me (and everone else) know if you hear from them about the headers. very interested in the cost as well. Let us know, and keep us posted!!!! thanks!!!!

Jon

i wrote:

I saw on the dsmtuners.com forums that someone was
trying to talk to you about making a header for the
1.8L 1g. I would definitely get one if you made it and
there is a bunch of others that would as well. Please
email me back to let me know. Thanks for your time.

they replied:

I am still working out some issues on the 2.0 header
after they get sorted out I will take a look at the 1.8

:cry:

no one has posted in heer since november now here it is january now a few things too think about.......

first of all using another STOCK manifold from another car aint gonna do any better you'll still have restrictions....
so i would suggest having one made anyway........

and as far as a T3/T4 on a 1.8.....hahahaha....goodluck unless you plan on puttin a butload od money in it

BUT
oh yeah there is a but

i however can make one for you i have a little expierience in this field....made headers for things that aint made to have them and yeah i could quite possibly make it adaptable for a turbo ya know leave the option open put on a plate with a gasket so you will always have that option if anyone interested or wants to see one i'll get started on it lemme know

remember a non restricting turbo adaptable header for a 1.8

oh yeah and one more thing remember no matter how big your exhaust is you only have as much flows as whats comin out of the engine itself just a little tip

well i would actually like to see a pic of it.......is it a custom made header or something off another vehicle???

you dont wan tpunishment to make it. the 2.0 header i have i cant even sell. its that bad

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back