The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

wiring harness,which is which

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spocks90talon

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 2, 2004
dayton, Ohio
when i bought my 1g talon the sterio wiring harness was cut, i having a lot of trouble figuring out which wire goes to what if anyone has a diagram showing what color wire is what it would be real usefull. thanks guys :talon:

This is the METRA/EIA Wiring Color Code I believe it is standard in most cars

Red-12volt Ignition/Acc.
Black-Ground
Yellow-12volt batt/Memory
Blue-Power Antenna
Blue/White-Amp Turn on
Black/White-Amp Ground
Orange-Illumination
Orange/White-Dimmer
Brown-Phone Mute
Gray-RF(+)
Gray/Black-RF(-)
White-LF(+)
White/Black-LF(-)
Purple-RR(+)
Purple/Black-RR(-)
Green-LR(+)
Green/Black-LR(-)
*Warning*
Some of these will not be used or present I am reading this from the back of a Toyota Wiring Harness but like I said I think most are standard colors to make it easier for all.
I am also assuming you are refering to the Stereo harness and not to the Under the Dash harness. If it is the Dash harness kill whoever did it because a stereo harness is cheap.

first off in the 1g's ground is in the body not a black wire so? so i think ur confused :thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back