The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

what is a good fuel pressure regulator to buy?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Originally posted by GstRacer
what is a good fuel pressure regulator to buy?

the autometer works well. its a good idea to mount it in a pod thats viewable from the driving position. fuel pressure oil pressure and boost pressure are the only gauges you*really* need.

I'm giving that e-bay OBX FPR ($100) a try. I'll post a review if it works.

One of the MightyMax swap guys is running one and likes it.

I think summit has the best deal on them, but you will need to buy some an lines and also an adaptor for the fuel rail, unless you chose to have the fitting welded onto the rail.

depends on what your goals are. i personally run a N/T FPR on my setup, stock 14b, 19psi, 550cc, walbro 255 lph, and i run a 12.9 @ 104 mph. and with what i have planned.. i honestly believe that it will carry me into the 11s =)

I've noticed that with some FPR that installation involves changing fittings and such, kind of a hassle (I've seen ones that you don't but just cant remember which one). Could you guys include ease of install on your recommendations.

Changing fittings is one of the main reasons to improve the fuel system, they are restrictive. Both the banjo bolt and the fuel rail fittings should be replaced unless you want to go lean under boost. If thats what you want to do it's ok with me, but I dont.

Originally posted by PSIcho
I've noticed that with some FPR that installation involves changing fittings and such, kind of a hassle (I've seen ones that you don't but just cant remember which one). Could you guys include ease of install on your recommendations.

Check out Buschur Racing they have a bolt on Aeromotive that they fabricated up.

Originally posted by bigfoot
Changing fittings is one of the main reasons to improve the fuel system, they are restrictive. Both the banjo bolt and the fuel rail fittings should be replaced unless you want to go lean under boost. If thats what you want to do it's ok with me, but I dont.

So there is some sort of restriction on the fittings themselves then, I just thought the FPRs were just universal so that you have to adapt the fuel rail and fittings to it. So I guess it'll be a good time to replace the fuel rail at this point too wouldn't it?

http://www.flyservers.com/members4/autoalchemy.com/catalog/DSM_0001_FRIA.html
http://fullthrottlespeed.com/Dynamic/items.asp?CartId=126176-ACCWARE-66VNELQ70&Cc=DSMFUFIT&tpc=
These adapters will allow you to use the stock fuel rail. The banjo bolt on the stock fuel filter restricts flow too. Check out Autoalchemy's complete -6 line. Or just get the rail adapters, fuel regulator, filter and a handfull of -6 fittings and line and go to work. The fuel line mods are one of the easiest things to work on.

The stock fuel filter is not much of a restriction unless your looking to make an honest 600at the wheels, nor are the stock fittings/hose. The best reason to buy an AFPR is to be able to run normal fuel pressure at idle. Large pumps overrun the stock FPR becuase the fuel flow passage is very small and fuel pressure is too high at idle where it should be low.

sorry to bring up an old post but i've searched and havent found any reveiws on the cosmo fpr, so i was wonderin if it's any good? and what is all needed for a fpr?

well i bought one from cosmo and it is a very good product, came with all fittings and looks like it was worth the money. i havent installed it so i will keep you informed. but their shipping and thier customer service was excellent.

I use the AEM universal FPR and I like it. It took a little work to install it though. We had to block off the end of the fuel rail and then drill a hole and tap it for the fitting. It didnt take more than a couple hours though. The AEM is cost effective and looks very good (esp. with a pressure gauge mounted to it). I would recommend the unit. I have however heard good things about the Aeromotive unit for DSM's, but I've never used one though.:dsm:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back