The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

What bearing to use on G4CS crank 2.3L 4G63 set up?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eastxcelerate

Probationary Member
Jan 21, 2005
west orange, New_Jersey
I've been researching but couldn't find a clear answer. Can anybody please tell me if I can use the 4G63 main and rod bearings on my 2.3L build. I'm using the G4CS FFWD butchered crank and custom eagle rods with wiseco pistons. Can anybody please verify that so I can order it tomorrow? thanks in advance.

The G4CS crankshaft is a 100mm 6 bolt crankshaft. The block and connecting rods must be for a 6 bolt engine. 7 bolt cranks, blocks, bearings, and rods have narrower journals, these parts are not interchangeable. You need to use 6 bolt bearings, find out from your machinist (FFWD Connection in your case) if you need over sized bearings (.010) for the rod or main journals.

Thanks for the reply. It is standard size. So I can definitely use the 6bolt 4g63 bearings right? Thanks

Yes. G4CS => 6 bolt bearings, 4G64 => 7 bolt bearings.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back