The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

We need one more sponsor to race this year!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gixxerdrew

DSM Wiseman
Oct 5, 2007
Yokohama, Japan, Asia
Well, I didnt think it would come down to this but it has. I feel that since coming to DSMTuners I've grown close to this community and I feel like there's a lot of support from this group. I hope that we have given you something to aspire to and faith for the love we all have for these cars. Its really rewarding for us when we get feedback about people who are inspired by the car or learned to believe again in the letters DSM.

So once again I am here to ask for help (don't worry I'm not going to ask for money donations!) from the community, as you all know we lost a gearbox at super lap battle last year and limped the car to a win against fierce competition even with an open differential and a borrowed gearbox we still won by 3 seconds.

This coming year we will probably not be able to run a full season, frankly because I don't have the money to support it and I live/work primarily in Japan now. We're hoping to put together the car coming to Japan and racing here but that's at least a year away. We want to run at 1-2 races this year over the season, show up and absolutely dominate the event. If we can't afford to run all the races we want to kick major ass at the ones we can!

What really screwed me up was there was someone who was going to give me a donor gearbox for some trade work on aero and susp design... but the guy turned out not to have the gearbox he thought he did and its too close to the first race to make it. I dont want to ask for donations or money but if anyone has a gearbox or knows someone who has a gearbox they are willing to donate to the cause, please let me know! In trade for this we're offering you sticker space and being included in all the cars promotional material this season. I'm hoping someone out there has what we need because without it we're dead in the water.

Last season the various promo materials for the car got over 100,000 hits! So there's definitely some exposure for whoever can help out. We have the support of Road Race Engineering, NSFabriction, TEM Machine and as always KBR Performance and others.. everyone is onboard, we have a driver we have transport, fuel, and on track support, its all being donated by people who care about the car. We have plans for the car to significantly improve its performance even on a razor thin budget. The side effect of this will be trickle down technology for the community because I have designed an inexpensive suspension upgrade for our cars that solves all of our lowering/geometry/adjust ability problems but doesn't break any rules even for time attack. I really want to put it through testing and into production. It will be a huge step forward for mechanical grip on the platform and we're already proving everyone wrong about how these cars can handle.

Thank you for listening. Hope to hear from someone.

The side effect of this will be trickle down technology for the community because I have designed an inexpensive suspension upgrade for our cars that solves all of our lowering/geometry/adjust ability problems but doesn't break any rules even for time attack. I really want to put it through testing and into production. It will be a huge step forward for mechanical grip on the platform and we're already proving everyone wrong about how these cars can handle.

i really hope someone is able to help you out, and deff excited to here about this suspension upgrade.. gl Drew

ok so let me get this straight

you need a ordinary gearbox or a specific one??

i have a awd 6b0lt tranny if you need one, even thou ## car is fwd like mine

Drew's car is here in Nor Cal. but Drew himself is in Japan.

aite, peace.

Wrecklezz1;bt6243 said:
ok so let me get this straight

you need a ordinary gearbox or a specific one??

i have a awd 6b0lt tranny if you need one, even thou ## car is fwd like mine

Thanks for the offer! let me check into what it takes to swap a 1g FWD box into my car...

Hey guys to let you know we are still in need of a gearbox here as of now, nobody is able to help us out. Please spread the word about this if you knw anyone who might be able to help!

I might be able to get a 2G GS-T Trans from my brother in law. He totaled his car and had either a Jacks Stage II or III in it. I'm pretty sure 2nd gear syncros were going , but I'll look into it if you are interested .

are you still looking for a transmission? also can you give us a list of what you need?

Thank you yes, as of right now what we know we need:

Replacement friction surfaces for Fidanza flywheel (6 bolt)
replacement ACT 2900 ceramic disk
gearbox core (2g AWD or FWD)
if we get an AWD gearbox we'll probably need axles
Transport to race event
entry fees
food for crew
Some raw materials costs for fabrication work, incl some spherical bearings.

That's about it! I'm trying to put that together. Driver can take care of his own transportation and accommodations, the crew we just sleep in our cars that's what we been doing and we hijack the drivers hotel room to get showers. Preferring to get an AWD gearbox since we want to drive a cooler pump off the extra output. But we can race on either!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back