The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

Transmission/Transfer case question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SupremeDsm

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 13, 2008
Indianapolis, Indiana
Need some help here.. Got a 2g 95 tsi and i need a transfer case and a tranny.. Car has a 6bolt in it right now but which transmission/transfer case can i use?? does spline count matter and if so how much is the count?? i seen count of 21,22, and 23.. What about transmission?? Thanks for the help!!!

get both for your year, so you know the gear ratio is a match to your rear diff, i have heard people using this and that and burning up t-cases and VC's from incorrect gearing.

Need some help here.. Got a 2g 95 tsi and i need a transfer case and a tranny.. Car has a 6bolt in it right now but which transmission/transfer case can i use?? does spline count matter and if so how much is the count?? i seen count of 21,22, and 23.. What about transmission?? Thanks for the help!!!
2g trannys only come in a 23spline. You will need to find a 2g tranny, 95-96 and you can use a transfer case from the years of 92 in a half up to 96. You can not use a 1g transmission in a 2g, a 2g has three tranny mounts and a 1g has 1 tranny mount..

What about a 98 gsx tranny and a 96 transfer case??

Nope; you will need to use a 97-99 transfer case if you plan on using it with a 97-99 transmission. The front differential ring gear tooth count is different, along with the transfer case gear ratio between 1995-1996 transmissions/transfer cases and 1997-1999 transmissions/transfer cases. You either need a matching transmission and transfer case, or you will need to pull apart the transmission and swap the ring gear in the 1998 transmission to the one out of your 1995 transmission to be able to use the 98 transmission with your 95 transfer case.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back