The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

2G Throttle Body

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4x4 tsi

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 29, 2004
Warren, Michigan
Has anyone had a problem with the throttle body causing the gas pedal to get stuck?? My gas pedal gets stuff when its at the top...I have to use alot of force to push it down. I am almost 99% sure that its the throttle body because when I took it apart I could see a groove that formed from the blades inside. Now should I upgrade my throttle body or just get a replacement stock size one?? Also what size is the stock throttle body on a 1996 Talon TSi?

Thanks alot in advance.

get a 1g tb. it is bigger. and port your intake mani to match

stock is 52mm,yeah just get a1g TB its 60mm just port the 8mm
car-parts.com is a good used site

I would not get the 1g IM, unless you are planning on getting a 1g head. The port size on the 1g IM is a lot larger than that on the 2g head. If you port match the 1g TB on the 2g IM, it should be fine.

Mine did that when for awhile. I took off my intake hose and found it was very gunked up. Sprayed it out with some carb cleaner and its been fine ever since.
Good Luck

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I will probably go with the 1g Throttle body and just port my intake mani.

Thanks again.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back