The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

t25 torque specs

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThomasGSX

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 24, 2010
Aromas, California
I ordered a T25 rebuild kit from eBay, So I am driving it trying to stay out of the boost range to try and prevent damage to the turbine or compressor blades, until the kit arrives, I tried searching for some torque specs on the turbo, but have found nothing, does anybody have the torque specs for this?

I rebuilt my small 16g by following the tutorial they have in the tech. I dont remember any torque specs just tighten the housing clamp bolt until it feels good and then tighten the turbine shaft bolt with some threadlocker to like 12lbs. Nothing major to it.

I rebuilt my small 16g by following the tutorial they have in the tech. I dont remember any torque specs just tighten the housing clamp bolt until it feels good and then tighten the turbine shaft bolt with some threadlocker to like 12lbs. Nothing major to it.

OK, yeah I just wasn't sure if it was different in the t25 vs the 16g, and I don't think it has a housing clamp, it has two half rings that uses 4 bolts to hook up. do you know if scribing is important? I heard that with Garrett turbos they balance the shaft and the wheel separately. is this true?

I didnt scribe mine and no probs yet. If i remember right the tutorial says that mits turbos are balanced and that scribing is a personal pref. Just check out the tech and it will tell you everything you need to know.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back