The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Starter dragging after battery relocation

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okm12346

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 3, 2007
Chicago, Illinois
Just finished the battery relocation and now the starter is dragging a bit. And the dash lights get more dimmed when I crank the starter.

Battery is almost a year old and its Walmart brand.

2 gauge wire from the trunk, two 4 gauge ground wires. one ground to the body in the trunk, the other one goes in the engine bay and its bolted to the trans.

Where should I upgrade? Ground wires or battery? I have 2 gauge ground wire that im not using and i think I will use it tomorrow and for trunk ground

Any advice will be appreciated it!!

Try using one short 2 gauge ground in the trunk and see if that helps. If you didn't have the problem before the relocation then I would think that your problem lies somewhere in the wiring since that is all you've changed.

^Thanks, will do that.

Forgot to mention, I also have 200A ANL fuse and 250A circuit breaker right after the battery

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back