The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

South Bend SS/TZ - Huge Price Gap

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

llxkevinxll

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 29, 2012
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Hello,

Curious as to why SIM as the SS/TZ clutch kit for $265 while TMZ has it for $440.

I originally thought the SIM listing was for the disc only, but it is described as the whole kit.

SIM Listing

TMZ Listing

Thanks,

Kevin M

"This South Bend Clutch Stage 3 Clutch Kit" -from TMZ.. Good eye!

At that price, I HIGHLY doubt they're selling you the pressure plate. You can't get an OEM Exedy disk/PP for that little cash, let alone a 550 ft/lb setup.

"Stages" have nothing to do with it, or anything to do with power really. It's just a selling point for those who believe it actually means something.

Zimmer stands behind the clutches he sells, too. I gladly paid for that piece of mind.

At that price, I HIGHLY doubt they're selling you the pressure plate. You can't get an OEM Exedy disk/PP for that little cash, let alone a 550 ft/lb setup.

"Stages" have nothing to do with it, or anything to do with power really. It's just a selling point for those who believe it actually means something.

I looked up the part number trying to find actual specs but it appears to be a SIM internal number. I knew the cost was too good to be true but figured I would check anyway.

Thanks,

Kevin M

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back