The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Socal dsm

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

misterjose

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 1, 2010
Los Angeles, California
hey guys and gals
im new to the dsm world and dont know much about it.
i just picked up a tsi and was wonder if i can kick it with some fellow dsm owners.
because i honestly need help on my car, i could use the knowledge of someone who knows these cars. my car has a bad idle on cold starts i was thinking its my isc or idk the biss but i have no clue where to acquire an isc without coughing up 400 dollars LOL.
i also do tattoos, if someone is willing to help me out and get my tsi tuned we'll work something out. thanks

ill go to both. does anyone know where i can get an idle speed controller?
and maybe a real evo 3 16g. i just checked mine and its the 16g from ebay!!! LOL.

ill go to both. does anyone know where i can get an idle speed controller?
and maybe a real evo 3 16g. i just checked mine and its the 16g from ebay!!! LOL.

i think i have a couple layin around. theres a way to test them with an ohm meter if you do some searching you will find it. make sure yours is bad 1st. as far as the Ebay 16g thing if it works fine i wouldent worrie about it and if it does fail it because they use cheap bearings. usually you can have it rebuilt and it will be as good as any other turbo. i wont be at the monday meet norwalk is a bit of a drive for me, but i go out there once in awhile. the next wenesday meet is Aug 4th i should be there

im about to test my isc if its bad. my tsi once you first start it will idle really low around 500 and usually dies on me, but once i take off lets say get the car running for a block it will idle perfectly around 750. as far as from what i can tell its my isc. however i also read that i can adjust my BISS, im not that savey with the dsm car and really do not know how to do that. its either one or the other. my isc is bad or i just need to adjust my BISS. thanks blask_gst ill test my isc today and search on how to adjust the BISS.

okay isc is bad. and i dont know how to adjust the BISS LOL.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

is this wired right?
1 is a t split one end is to intake manifold, to bov, to solenoid, 3, is to wastegate, and 2 is to the radiator

yess i know i have an evc but are the vacuum lines connected right. i basically have 4 lines converging to 3. the bov and the intake manifold are split. and wastegate and jpipe has their own.

Go to HKS' website to check the plumbing on the lines. They have online instructions for all of their models of ebcs. I don't ever remember ever having one hooked up to the radiator though???

The BiSS screw is on the throttlebody. You will probably want to go counter clockwise to see if that helps. That should bring your idle up. A little bit of a turn goes a long way

the problem is the car idles perfect after the engine warms up, on cold starts it will idle really low.
is there someone with some knowledge to this that can help me out. i literary live in LA 90020.

We are trying to help... 1st make sure that your boost controler is set up correctly after that you need to do a boost leak test and also make sure there arent any leaks pre turbo either.

it may be a bad FAIV or FIAV i forgot the order but it means Fast Idle Air Valve

We are trying to help... 1st make sure that your boost controler is set up correctly after that you need to do a boost leak test and also make sure there arent any leaks pre turbo either.

it may be a bad FAIV or FIAV i forgot the order but it means Fast Idle Air Valve

That would be FIAV Adam
Fast
Idle
Air
Valve

:p

To the OP have you looked through the VFAQ Site - Visual Frequently Answered Questions There are detailed steps on how to properly adjust the BISS.
BISS-1G

1000 Already Answered Questions

There's tons of good info on those sites regarding maintenance and repairs. :thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back