The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

[RESOLVED] which radiator hose to use?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sillyme

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 3, 2005
seattle, Washington
I have a 6 bolt motor in a 2nd gen eclipse gsx. i'm putting a koyo radiator in and decide to change the radiator hoses at the same time. what year hose should i use? 1st gen or 2nd gen?

Top you'll have to use a 2g, assuming you're using a 2g radiator. Bottom i think you can use either actually. I think the 1g may fit better, because of the weight on the shifter linkage, but not positive. I don't remember which one I have, I actually think it's a 2g now that i think about it, and it fit's fine.

You have to get the 2g radiator with the 2g hoses for it to fit in the original radiator supports holes. You can get a 1g radiator but you have to drill into the radiator support for it to fit properly. The difference in the radiator hoses is only the top one where the 2g inlet is located more in the center on the radiator whereas the 1g is located more to the passenger side.

2g
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

1g
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

When i blew my lower rad hose (1g 6 bolt in a 2g car) I went looking for the right lower radiator hose and neither the 1 or 2g models looked like what i took of the car. I ended up buying some universal bent piece, cutting a few inches off of it and now have teh perfect hose. I kept the tag so i could get the same one again in the future. The part # is xl61755 and it also has 943 on it... THe bar code on it from the manufacturer also says 0 3725645272 7

I hope that helps, ii fi could find what this hose is off of it would be nice, but until then i just keep this piece of hose with the tag on it to match up at auto-zone next time i need one. It honestly is the best fit for a 1g in a 1g lower rad hose that i've ever seen.

1g and 2g lower radiator hoses are exactly the same no matter what motor you have in your 2g or 1g (4g63).

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back