The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

[RESOLVED] which is better

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robinho609

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 20, 2008
brodheadsville, Pennsylvania
im in the market for a dsmlink or SAFC2 the older one, whick should i spend my money on and why is one better than the other?

If you got $500+ to spend id say get the dsmlink otherwise the safc2 is alright. Its what im using till i can buy a dsmlink. Oh ya if you dont have one already get a eprom ecu, thats the 1st ive taken towards getting the dsmlink. Good Luck

Each one has its + and each had its -. If I was looking to do it all over again I would rather start with link. I used a safc-II when I first started and did not have any problems but later on I wanted to do things that the safc-II would not allow so I had to end up getting link. So if you have the extra money to invest into link from the start you would be better off.

A search for dsmlink will tell you all you need to know. Or go to DSMLink Homepage . All an safc can do is trick the ecu as to how much airflow is going into the engine, thus increasing or decreasing fuel.

what makes dsmlink better than the safc?

How about the ability to adjust timing,airflow,and fuel maps, log multiple values simultaneously in real time, and have the ability to deal with any changes easily as your setup grows?

How about a built in stutterbox, anti-lag, and nitrous controls?

DSMlink also has an owners only forum that contains TONS of information and will puy you in touch with some highly experienced tuners.

I bought an SAFC and a DSMchip when I first got into these cars and wish I had just bought DSMlink first. I went 12.44 @ 110 mph on a 16g and a DSMchip basemap and the car ran well, but the things I've been able to fine tune with the DSMLink make all the difference.

If you plan on slowly building up a serious car don't spend money twice, go ahead and pick up Link.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back