The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

ECMlink Problems after accident...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chaoticdopey

Proven Member
Sep 29, 2014
Lancaster, California
Ok, heres what happend. i was at the races about 40 miles from my house, as im on the freeway doing about 90mph my hood flys open and smashes the windshield aand bends the hood, i drive it slowly to the gas station and wait for a tow truck, as the tow truck gets to me i tell him i can drive it up to the bed, well when i tried to start it, it will barley start and is running like it has the biggest damn cam in the world and reeks of gasoline, i check all my wires and everything seems to be hooked up, by the way im on SD, so i hook up my laptop and in the stream the omni 4 bar map and gm iat are greyed out and so are my fuel trims, so i check the wires and they looked bootleged so i bought a SD wire from ecmlink, still no change, and when i floor the car it wont go past 2500rpm and just smells of gas so i shut it off...

Where would i need to start checking to see why it all of a sudden cant see my map or iat sensors? the new sd cable did nothing to help and all wires look fine, car was running great till i shut it off at the gas station...

I am also getting code 0012 - volume air flow circuit malfunction

Last edited:
Sounds like something got pinched or came loose. Check the wires at the ecu, sounds like somebody hacked the wiring. Take a look at the mad plug and the wires leading to it.

Post a log.

Damn sorry to hear that blows. How did your hood fly up? CF hood or stock?

You've probably fouled out your plugs by now since you're smelling gas. Maybe your timing jumped? Easy thing to check.

Damn sorry to hear that blows. How did your hood fly up? CF hood or stock?

You've probably fouled out your plugs by now since you're smelling gas. Maybe your timing jumped? Easy thing to check.
i dont see how the timing would have jumped from just shutting it off, and ya plugs are probably gone, thankfully i bought 8 from rock auto LOL

Ok so after probing the connector, im seeing 4.6v to the iat sensor and a ground, on the map sensor the first prong has 4.9v the middle has nothing, and the 3rd is grounded.

What next?

Heres a log and a few videos of what i did, and how the car is running.

MAF Cable Vid
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Running Vid
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Attachments

• log.2016.10.02-01.elg
    15.4 KB · Views: 59
That's when my timing jumped in my gst so don't think it can't happen. Mine jumped one tooth ;(. But thankfully it was when I turned it off and not in boost. Reset timing and it was all good, of course after changing all the components ;) Yours sounds pretty ruff, either timing is off or you have a bad coil/plug/wire.

The log you posted is running stock maf, not speed density. change it back to speed density under the maf comp tab. also, your front 02 is not oscillating.. likely because you wired a wideband to it that is not functioning. It is showing constant 5v. it's set as a linear wideband.... what type of wideband is it? and you need to fix/ configure it. You will also need to simulate front 02 when replacing it with a wideband, that setting is also not enabled.

This is why your car doesn't run.

The log you posted is running stock maf, not speed density. change it back to speed density under the maf comp tab. also, your front 02 is not oscillating.. likely because you wired a wideband to it that is not functioning. It is showing constant 5v. it's set as a linear wideband.... what type of wideband is it? and you need to fix/ configure it. You will also need to simulate front 02 when replacing it with a wideband, that setting is also not enabled.

This is why your car doesn't run.
I will do that, no clue why it reverted to maf settings, and im using a wideband from Glowshift, which is hooked to the ecu for logging

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back