The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Paint Suggestions

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dustyduff

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 12, 2004
Woodbury, New_Jersey
Well, it's another one of those "I can't decide" threads about paint. My car was just trailered away to the paint shop last night, and I have to drop off a deposit on Thursday (tomorrow). I have a 1ga Talon, that I'm converting to an EDM Eclipse. I already have a set of folding mirrors, and a full set of lights (front, rear, and corner). I also was able to get my hands on a front and rear lip for the N/T bumpers (but yes my car is AWD Turbo ). Anyway, I'm sure a lot of people have seen this picture before:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

That's basically what my car will look like, except I'll have the Talon wing and EVO VIII rims.

I'm looking to keep my original paint scheme (red and black). The car will look similar to this in the rear:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I'm making the roof, wing, and the door side trim black, so it wraps around the entire car with the N/T bumpers.

Now the big question, "What color red should I go with?". I'm looking for something a bit darker than the original color, but not too dark, because I want the black to contrast the car nicely. Any suggestions? Please provide pictures of the color you're suggesting too.

A coworker recommended House of Color Kandy Brandywine like one of the AMS shop EVO's.

AND PLEASE DON'T CLUTTER THE THREAD WITH QUESTIONS ABOUT THE PARTS, PM ME.

I agree. That stock red pearl is amazing.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back