The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Ok guys... I need a little help now...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Atari007

20+ Year Contributor
Apr 18, 2002
Jacksonville, Florida
Sigh.. well guys... its been a little while since I have posted (since my whole "Im mad, RRRRrr" post! hehe)... so here is the deal.... without making this a huge drawn out story, lets just say that the car works again.. but with a problem... the turbo is burned up... so here is the deal... I dont have all my supporting mods yet... right now, here is all I have:
Injen intake w/ filter, JoeP MBC, TurboXS RBV...
So... I have pretty much decided that due to the large amount of money that this is going to encompass, I am going with the fp Big16g package.. it comes with:

- Ported Big 16G w/ 34mm wastegate mod
- 2G Install Kit
- Braided Stainless Steel Oil Supply Line
- Walbro 255lph HP Fuel Pump w/ install kit
- Joe P Manual Boost Controller

all for $999 (woohoo)... so anyway... with this, I am thinking I should get a 3" Turboback (w/ testpipe) (122performance.com) and dejon i/c piping... my mechanic says that I should get something to control my a/f (like a safc) since I am removing the cat... he said that as far as he knows it will make the car run rich.... and he also suggested getting a 2.5" turboback because there isnt enough backpressure w/ a 3"... what do you guys think?? This is gunna cost me a pretty penny, so I wanna make sure I do it right the first time, ya know? Thanx guys--

Ill look into a FMIC later... all of this is costing me enough as it is!! sigh.. I have 2 kids, therefore Im poor!! ;) later on down the road ill get one. Thanx larry--

I run a Big 16G on a stock fuel pump and no s-afc. Just a fuel regulator. Unless you are pumping the boost way up, you shouldn't need the rest of it. I run 12-15psi (street) and my a/f stays manageable the whole time. But it all depends on what boost you are going to run. 3" is definitely the best. I'm getting brakes right now, but the dejon IC piping is next on my list. If I remeber right, you are running nitrous, correct? Look into water injection and maybe even fogging the intercooler. That way you don't need to spend a lot right away. I've almost got my nitrous finished to fog my intercooler since I can't control the fuel into the engine well enough yet.

You have all the back pressure you need...turbine in the exhaust path...go with the 3" exhaust, or you will just redo it later. You should also look into getting some injectors. An intercooler also will be nice. Even if you just get an upgraded side mount intercooler. The stock intercooler is rated at like 150cfm if I'm not mistaken. With the big 16g and the right fuel support you should be able to run low 12's easy. I'm running high 12's with a small 16g untuned.
Just my opinion.....

dejon tool does em, they mod the end cans, and put on larger diameter pipes. $75 and they take yours as a core.

I talked to him (the dejon tool guy) the other day and he mentioned that he is going to be doing FMICs too! woohoo!!! a FMIC at a dejontool price!! woohoo!!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back