The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

Need some help with neg battery lead

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmoha7321

10+ Year Contributor
Dec 20, 2010
madison, Wisconsin
Ok... I'm swapping a 96 awd 4G63 from a 96 tsi awd shell to a 97 GSX shell. Somehow during the course of the last week or so I lost the negative battery lead. I am real close to getting it all done but just can't find the neg battery lead. So I'll have to fab one up but do not remember exactly what it connected to what. Obviously the one end of it would be connected to the negative battery terminal... That's a no brainer. If anyone has a picture of their's in the car or out of the car that would be most helpful.
Also... What does the larger lead with the yellow stripe that is part of the lead that connects to positive battery terminal and the starter? Again pictures would be helpful

I dunno. I relocated the battery to the trunk in my old car years ago so I can't recall. I don't have anything to compare it to. And I'm terrible at reading wiring diagrams. And the 96 AWD TSI shell is no longer here.

I'd appreciate it if someone could snap a picture of the pos & neg wiring harness leads. If possible from right above the battery.

The black wire with yellow stripe is the ground wire for the starter. This makes little to no sense to me. The one end of the cable grounds on the transmission while the other grounds on the negative terminal...however, its literally a single cable by itself.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back