The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Need help with AEM EMS!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gtrej01

10+ Year Contributor
Dec 13, 2010
Granger, Washington
I just picked up a 91 Talon with a AEM EMS and need some help tuning the car properly. Anyone out there that has some experience with it that can assist me?

The mods on the car as follows:

~ gt35r dual ball bearing turbo

~ AEM EMS with PLX wideband O2

~Kinetic motorsports frontmount intercooler core is 24" long 12" tall and 3.5" thick

~ACT 2600

~ACT XACT flywheel

~FP 4" intake with cone filter

~Tial 38mm wastegate

~tubular exhaust manifold

~full 3" exhaust with Magnaflow muffler

~780cc injectors

~Walbro 255

~AFPR

~GM 3bar map sensor

~IAT sensor

~triple gauge pillar,

Someone finally picked up that car eh? One of the most knowledgeable AEM tuners in the country is in Portland, OR. John Reed. One of the best DSM shops in the country is in Camas, WA. Neither are close to you.

Is the tune off? You sure the wiring is complete and done right? The guy had the car partially taken apart and never had it tuned/set-up from what I inquired.

Someone finally picked up that car eh? One of the most knowledgeable AEM tuners in the country is in Portland, OR. John Reed. One of the best DSM shops in the country is in Camas, WA. Neither are close to you.

Is the tune off? You sure the wiring is complete and done right? The guy had the car partially taken apart and never had it tuned/set-up from what I inquired.

Ya picked it up for a better price than he was asking.

I put the valve cover back on, put the spark plug wires in, put the throttle cable back on, put a good battery on and changed all the fluids in it.

I attempted to fire it up an it cranked but no start.

I guess when I get home I will check to see if it was put in correctly.

The guy stated it was tuned by a buddy of his and ran decent.

Question I have is : With the car being down for so long does the AEM EMS computer retain the last tune? or do I need to retune the whole thing?

Just want to be able to get a decent tune and then take it to some one that can fine tune it.

Any more info you may have about this car?

Im not sure where granger is but you can try Forward Motion in Lakewood. He's a pretty knowledgable guy when it comes to Mitsu cars. He's located on Lakeview ave and 108th.

Im not sure where granger is but you can try Forward Motion in Lakewood. He's a pretty knowledgable guy when it comes to Mitsu cars. He's located on Lakeview ave and 108th.

Ya after I get it running I will be taking it to English Racing for fine tuning. Thanks though.

Current tune should be on the car. It won't "lose" a tune unless it was erased. Do you have a spare stock ecu/setup to start it with just to rule out the AEM?

Current tune should be on the car. It won't "lose" a tune unless it was erased. Do you have a spare stock ecu/setup to start it with just to rule out the AEM?

I don't have an extra ecu laying around.

If it doesn't lose the tune on it then I will go over everything on the car to ensure all is hooked up right and attempt to start it this weekend.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back