The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

My Quest For 10s

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

10's would be tough but i think 11's would be reachable. you just need to get ## car and get it to the track and run it. then go from there. worrying ab it gets you nowhere

Update..... Well i stopping into the shop today that is tuning my car to see how things were going plus he needed a 1g ecu for another customers car. Anywho the car is 90 percent done the boost is up to 22 psi now and were about out of injector. IDCs are in the 80s with fic 650s.
I took the car for a drive on 19psi and it feels very strong and smooth.
Definatly feels to be a solid 11 second car but only the track will tell. I cant wait to have it back and hit up maple grove or cecil county dragway.

Oh alrighty, I was just wondering if you are one of the builds I have the pleasure of dealing with everyday. A bump in compression could help out with your goal. I was going to do a 10.5:1 2.0, but went 2.4 instead. I would love a high comp 16g car, but my goals aren't aimed that way anymore.

I ###### should have gone 10 to 1 considering im going to be running e85 but i just figure 9 to 1 would be plenty for my goals, plus i like running high boost levels. Not really sure what u can do with higher cr. Ive read e85 loves high compression.

I needed a 6.9 1/8th to get into the 10s so you will need to lower it alot. Good luck at the track and get some results so we know where you are now.

I needed a 6.9 1/8th to get into the 10s so you will need to lower it alot. Good luck at the track and get some results so we know where you are now.

I dont think a 6.9 in the 1/8 is going to happen on pump gas, the car feels really strong maybe a 7.2 7.3 if i had to guess. I know it pulls better than my srt-4 and that did a best of 11.78.

I dont think a 6.9 in the 1/8 is going to happen on pump gas, the car feels really strong maybe a 7.2 7.3 if i had to guess. I know it pulls better than my srt-4 and that did a best of 11.78.

7.2 would probably be around a low 11 second 1/4 mile pass. On a 16g on pump gas that seems like a bit much. Go to the track and see what it does.

I have went 10.6 and I still have yet to dip into the 6's in the 1/8.

Oh believe me as soon as i get it back from tuning ill be at the track

Well I guess if it wasn't scheduled in it could take that long but wow that's a while for a tune LOL

Got my car back today and it pulls really nicely. Im going to try for cecil country dragway saturday april 23. They are having a all day test and tune from 9 am to 5 pm i think. Cant wait but i have alotta work to get done to the car by then.

Let us know what you run. If you gonna need to trap 113+MPH and have a great 60' to get to 11's. Especially in a 5spd. I would love 119-120 traps with 25PSI (and E85) out of my 16G with an auto.

My car, lightened enough has gone a best of [email protected] mph on straight 93. Pull weight out. e85/race gas helps a LOT, honestly my car is bolt ons and a stock motor and has trapped 127.8mph so it's making some damn good power.

I think you guys are exaggerating how hard 11's is, but getting weight out helps a lot with everything. Evo3's can make power for higher 11's easily, but getting lower into the 11's is where the turbo's limits come into play and extra thinking comes into play, whether it be fuel, weight, traction, tuning etc... and of course driving the damn thing.

Get weight out, honestly. My car looks completely stock inside, well everywhere and has most comforts but comes in at low 2900's with me in it (i'm light). You're gonna save your clutch/axles/drivetrain/brakes everything making the car lighter, and 60' better... it's worth it, just remove weight stealthily.

I don't believe in fully gutted cars personally, but that's just me. My car's a street car.

Tryed doing a test launch today and well I broke my Fu*%ing windshield I have no clue how but it happened so theres 286 bux down the drain.
I only launched at 3000 no boost and I preloaded the suspension.
It came out very nice untill boost came in then i spun all the way through 1st and most of 2nd.
Anyone have any tips for launching LOL.

Never broken a windshield on a launch but I have turned the wipers on plenty of times.

If you can, have a 2-step set up and make small adjustments from it. Start at like maybe 4500 and get used to it then up the limit when you have more seat time.

If you have no 2 step I would suggest trying an old technique that most people go by rev to say 5000 (varys car to car) and slowly engage the clutch, when you feel it start to grab quickly let it out. DO NOT side step the clutch unless you want to replace parts. Hope this helps

I have plenty of seat time i have my 2 step /anti lag set at 5500 but cant come close to using that with these tires. I preload the drivetrain and all that happy stuff the ebrake dont work quite as good as id like it to so i think im going to pick up a cnc staging brake for it. By the way car went 12.1 at 116 today spinning through 1st also broke the right rear axle though. LOL Next time next time

It came out very nice untill boost came in then i spun all the way through 1st and most of 2nd.
Anyone have any tips for launching LOL.

What tires are you running? Concrete blocks? Are you sure your spinning or is your clutch spinning. I make at least 100 more hp than your gonna, and I launch at 6000 with 20 psi and don't spin as bad as ou claim. I'm on cheap ass kuhmo's too.

235 45 17 bridgestone pontenzas. The track had no prep yesterday. It was coming out worst the my test launches ive tryed. I tryed launching at alot of different rpms and had no luck with traction. New tires are going to be on there way.

The broken windshield was me test launching in the parking lot behind my brother work.
The axle happened when I rolled out of the lights got to about 3500 and hit it.

I have a 4 bolt rear end to swap in but havent found the motivation to put it in yet.

I was going to put another 3 bolt axle in the car but when i senn how much metal was in the fluid i decided to just swap in the 4 bolt lsd i had. So 2 hrs later i have a 4 bolt rear in the car and its up and running great.
So hopefully back to the track on saturday to make some more passes.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back