The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

My new Best 14B Run

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guys,

While we are on 14b topic, did anyone see Nate Crisman performance at Grass Roots Motorsports $2004, challenge? He ran 11.737 on a 14b! Now, I believe that was with N20, but still, he is the fastest 14b as of today!

He did 5th overall, out of 77 competators! For more results, checkout:

http://www.grassrootsmotorsports.com/challenge.php

Contratulations!

Leon
RR

My base is at 10 degrees BTDC, tried 12 BTDC....and lost around 5 HP at the wheels, so I kept it at 10.

Phil1320

ps--Congrats to the Goodwill crew on the 11.92! It' just ain't fair that you all can race every Friday night!!!!!!

11.7, that's awesome. Theres alot people around my way that wouldn't believe that. My friend just went 11.7 @120 on a .50trim. That's one fast 14b. Good job guys, you make me want to hit the track with those #'s.
Travis

So i think my next mod, once i get some cash together, is going to be some springs and struts/shocks. I think i'm gunna go with some Eibach Pro Kit springs and the comonly used GR2's shocks. I was looking at the adjustable KYB AGX shocks but they are twice as much as the GR2's. Would the adjustable shocks be highly worth spending an extra $200? My suspension is all orriginal an now approaching 150,000 miles.
Travis

Yeah that is moving in a 2wd. My best 60' is 1.70 with AWD. Hoping new suspension will help that alittle. One run i dumped the clutch to fast and my friend video taped me smoking the front wheels off the line at the track and getting my worst 60' "2.0" :cry: in an AWD!!!

Originally posted by Gooberlog
Dynoed my car at Extreme on saturday. The best of 3 pulls was 273awhp and 280ftlbs. Running 22 leaking to 18psi on C16.
Travis

Travis, good stuff

I plan on getting mine dynoed in the next month or so especially since I hit 12.1 on saturday-14b power! :thumb:

hoping for near yours!

Originally posted by ArcticTsi
Travis, good stuff

I plan on getting mine dynoed in the next month or so especially since I hit 12.1 on saturday-14b power! :thumb:

hoping for near yours!
What did u do to drop so much time man. Congrats!!! Man am i jealous.
I have 2 of the dyno sheets but scanner and printer haven't worked since i got my new computer last year. Thanks.
Travis

Originally posted by Gooberlog
What did u do to drop so much time man. Congrats!!! Man am i jealous.
I have 2 of the dyno sheets but scanner and printer haven't worked since i got my new computer last year. Thanks.
Travis

just doing weight reduction.

i had ran a 7.90 on the eight, then did the following weight reduction.
Scraped out the sound deadening material(17-20lbs savings), lite-weight battery(26lbs savings), lite weight race seat(25 lbs savings), ABS removal(22 lbs savings), rear bumper support (30-35lbs savings).

Then after all that I ran a 7.77 at the eighth so being so stoked I drove to the 1/4 mile drag the next day.

Hey guys...

Just ran a new 14b time yesterday at Englishtown, NJ at the East Coast DSM Shootout.

1.660 60'
4.727 330'
7.302 1/8
93.82 1/8 mph
9.549 1000'
11.448 1/4
118.72 MPH

Was running the mods listed above for the Grassroots Challenge setup with these changes:
Car was 3064lb with driver after first pass on Etown's digital scale. Im ~220lb. Cars looks extremely stock, 2 seats...95% of stock interior.

removed autox tires/stock wheels and replaced with Weld Prostar 15 x 8 10lb wheels with 235 60 15 BFG Comp TA drag radials.

Installed a used vpc and afc with an "open box" of 550's that were returned to us from a customer. didn't get any tuning time as the car didn't start untill thursday friday afternoon...quick spin around the block, then into the trailer for the Etown race.

Put an AEM wideband o2 Gauge in to get some tuning in.

ran a few high 11's in qualifying for Quick 8 awd (we nabbed 5th spot with an 11.72 @ 114)
Lost in first round with the 11.44 to the other guys 11.35.

Nitrous was jetted all over the place throughout the day..mostly WRONG. last pass was running 140hp nitrous jet with the 100 shot fuel jet. and it was still backfiring through 3 and 4th gears and pegging the wideband gauge full rich. knock was bad from the backfiring up and down from 0 to 43. Tuning will show ALOT of mph gain.

Going to Island this friday to improve on the tuning. Want to start making non-nitrous passes to get the times down into the high 11's off bottle.

Gooberlog said:
Who sells those pro star wheels you run on the shop talon? I haven't found too much info on drag wheels for dsm's. Thanks
Travis

I got them from summit. you want 5.5" backspacing and 5 x 4.5" bolt spacing. 15 x 8" wheels. they are just a hair over 10lb each. The bad thing is you need the long 7/16" dia wheel studs and SST type nuts to use these wheels. The center hub is over 4" thick. The front wheels also need 2 3/16" spacers to clear small brake calipers. doubt they can fit over big brakes.

Wheels stick out about 3-4" past the fenders too in front.

but they hold a huge tire and are wicked light. lighter than volks and only cost 1/3 the price.

DSMotorsport said:
The front wheels also need 2 3/16" spacers to clear small brake calipers. doubt they can fit over big brakes.

Wheels stick out about 3-4" past the fenders too in front.

but they hold a huge tire and are wicked light. .
I have a '93AWD, are you refering to the 92 and up big brakes (dual piston caliper) or are you talking about aftermarket calipers? Do you think i'd be better off with 15X7, do you know the biggest size DR i could run on a 7"wide prostar? Do your tires rub the fender? Thanks again DsmMotorsports.
Travis

hey fellas
just got my talon back and running and went to the track
i went 12.78 @ 107 with a 1.71 60ft and a hole in one of my silcone connectors-boost leak...i have 3 exhaust, dumptube, act2100, non-turbo fpr, 2gmas, ebay frount mount with homemade pipes, and web cams. motor is stock with 160k on it LOL... stock injectors, no afc or vpc or any of that crap... with the boost leak fixed im hoppin to be around 12.5s

fixed my boost leak and turned the boost to 22, and ran a 12.44 @ 111mph
and i have an afc no but it was zeroed out when i ran it

i guess no one on this board is alive anymore LOL
anyway went to the track again
1/8.....7.944
mph...90.31
1/4.....12.395
mph...112.12
I'm exicted about that :)
it kinda sux, because i have the mph for a 12.0 run but its not happening, i just got an AFC so once its tuned hopefully i can be around that, that would be awesome, i want to make it lighter but i did just about everything i know to lighten it up already(light wheels, sound deadener removed, no ac, no power steering, no rear or front bumpers, no passenger seat, and a light sparco seat for me), the only other thing i can think of is a carbon fiber hood, i don't know how people get there car weighing 2500lbs..

anyway I'm really souped on my mph
i <3 14bs!!!!

ihatedsms said:
i guess no one on this board is alive anymore LOL
I'm not dead yet!

ihatedsms said:
...no rear or front bumpers, no passenger seat, and a light sparco seat for me), the only other thing i can think of is a carbon fiber hood, i don't know how people get there car weighing 2500lbs.
Step 1. Buy a sawzall
Step 2. Buy a case of beer
Step 3. Invite some friends over
Step 4. Hand them the sawzall and beer.

Things have a way of taking care of themselves. :)

Step 1. Buy a sawzall
Step 2. Buy a case of beer
Step 3. Invite some friends over
Step 4. Hand them the sawzall and beer.
Things have a way of taking care of themselves. :)[/QUOTE]

hahahahaaa who would have thought, i just need to rember them 4 easy steps to lighten up my car LOL

yea i dont know what to cut out tho, i wanna cut out the floor, back where the spare tire would go and but some sheet metal or fiber glass there or sumthin, i just dont want to weakin anything

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back