The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

My Mint 60k GSX? We shall see.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything you speak of is in if's and I coulda's, you don't even have a DSM at this point and time. You have openly admitted you have been gone awhile and playing with RX7s, your comments in this post prove you are 3 years behind the accomplishments and mechanics learned of these cars as of recent.

There are three types of people in this thread.

Those who overestimate what they need, those who underestimate, and those who can recognize those people. I pull my knowledge from not only my schooling, but from a group of DSMers who have been there and done that. Whether you want to actually search for the facts or just assume on them, that's your choice, I know what my car is being built for and I spent many hours discussing it with far more qualified and experienced people than found in this thread, me included.

Thats complete bull. The car I purchased is a proven car with videos to back it up and enough miles to show it's not planning on blowing up any time soon. I have posted nothing but facts to my knowledge. Any dsm'er would know that a 2600lb car isn't "stock." Any dsm'er would also know that a stock 7 bolt will not tolerate these power levels for long... I've been away for a couple years and seriously doubt there have been that many HUGE discoverys...

I'll take the word of a dsm builder over your schooling any day of the week. And the "qualified" people you speak of are some of the people that built this car... Whats the highest hp dsm you've built btw?

$12,900 for a car that has less than 70k on it and making OVER 600awhp? I'd say its worth taking a look and throwing out an offer.

Too many idiots on this board now days. As the days progress, mint, rust-free, low milage dsm's are getting a lot harder to come by. Almost every 2g I see has the strut towers rusting out, or the process is beginning. And people talking about the boost gauge, there are endless amounts of people on here running auto-crap-meter gauges themselves. If you don't like something take it off, sell it, and buy something else.

But asking other people if you should buy something, especially over the internet, that's another story. If you have to ask, you probably shouldn't.

Thats complete bull. The car I purchased is a proven car with videos to back it up and enough miles to show it's not planning on blowing up any time soon. Never said it would blow up. I have posted nothing but facts to my knowledge. Go ahead and quote those "facts." Any dsm'er would know that a 2600lb car isn't "stock." The discussion is about stock blocks, what's your point? Any dsm'er would also know that a stock 7 bolt will not tolerate these power levels for long... Going to tell me that Mike Rizzottis daily driven stock 9 second car is a lie too? I've been away for a couple years and seriously doubt there have been that many HUGE discoverys... It's called better and better tuning.

I'll take the word of a dsm builder over your schooling any day of the week. By your definition everyone here is a DSM builder And the "qualified" people you speak of are some of the people that built this car... Whats the highest hp dsm you've built btw? Oh really, this guy drove up to northern New England to have his car built? What's the highest HP DSM YOU built? Cause at least my DSMs are in my posession right now.

Anything else?

stealth mullet said:
As the days progress, mint, rust-free, low milage dsm's are getting a lot harder to come by.

And there is no guarantee that car is rust free. MOST 2G DSMs rust from the inside of two panels out. There was a great post here of someone cutting out a mint strut tower from appearances and it wasn't as rust free as people though. Plus let's see some wheel wells, the trunk, the rockers, the inside of the hatch. There are a lot of places for rust to hide on these, and a lot of ways to hide it for a few months to make it look mint now.

Bought for $2800- needs a transmission.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

That sure leaves a lot of funds for modding should I decide to go nuts, or I can keep it a conservative low-mileage daily driver for under $4k with a brand new Shep trans and ACT2100.

Deals are out there, you just have to be patient.

Awesome find. A bit more than I would pay for a vehicle needing a trans, but I understand that money up north is looked at a little different than here in the south as there's not a lot of people with 'money' here. What would go for almost 3K in that area would go for 1k-1.5K here locally.

With that in mind, certainly a good deal. I love the 2GB look, though I prefer the 2GB talon bumper.

The funny thing is, the brake system on that car is almost worth what I'm buying a GSX for haha

And there is no guarantee that car is rust free. MOST 2G DSMs rust from the inside of two panels out. There was a great post here of someone cutting out a mint strut tower from appearances and it wasn't as rust free as people though. Plus let's see some wheel wells, the trunk, the rockers, the inside of the hatch. There are a lot of places for rust to hide on these, and a lot of ways to hide it for a few months to make it look mint now.

No visable rust in any of the pics, aside from the rusted nuts and bolts in the engine compartment.

I'd say it looks "mint" from the pics. I get what you are trying to say, but let's be serious. There are not many 2g gsx's in this condition now days that are for sale.

That is all.

No visable rust in any of the pics, aside from the rusted nuts and bolts in the engine compartment.

I'd say it looks "mint" from the pics. I get what you are trying to say, but let's be serious. There are not many 2g gsx's in this condition now days that are for sale.

That is all.

I am glad you said that. How do my pictures look?

My car just dynoed a little over 500awhp and it is kinda clean i take care of it, spent like 17k so far and i built it and tune myself i still need bigger injectors and pump to max it out more, you guys forgot about the maintenance or what? you don't just spend in mods, what is happening i haven't seen the word maintenance is this thread? provably half of the money is invested on maintenance on that car. am i wrong??? If you haven't build a car then STFO.

OP get the car check it and make sure you know how it is build, take care of it check the tuning is dead on often, if it breaks you can part it out and make your money back or at least 10k.

Spawn

You're something else man. I truly hope you don't have this attitude in every aspect of your life or you're doomed to have a ruff life. You want to argue like some 15 year old girl and just keep changing facts to fit your feeling at the time. No one here every said anything about stock blocks until you decided that a stock 7 bolt is no different than a 2.3 stroker.... Everytime someone says anything you want to argue. Sad.

Spawn

You're something else man. I truly hope you don't have this attitude in every aspect of your life or you're doomed to have a ruff life. You want to argue like some 15 year old girl and just keep changing facts to fit your feeling at the time. No one here every said anything about stock blocks until you decided that a stock 7 bolt is no different than a 2.3 stroker.... Everytime someone says anything you want to argue. Sad.

It's time to start backing up your words, start providing these quotes.

Since you only seem to be able to read what you want, and are twisting me saying you don't need a 2.3L stroker to run 10s when it can be done on a 2.0, then I find it pretty subject that you will not be able to back up anything you are saying.

Congratulations on buying a 10 second car for a stupid amount of money off of someone who paid someone else to build them a 10 second car. I am sure we all see how that makes you an expert.

Give it a rest already! :beatentodeath:

Now this thread is just getting annoying. Spawned, you need to chill the #### out.

I'm outta here..

Saw a black on black 1999 GSX with similar mileage in even better condition, all stock, in NorCal. They were asking just under $9k for it. It looked almost brand new inside and out. If I was out there I might have had to go look at it and offer them $8k. :)

Crazy what some people are willing to spend for these cars.

Just no "built not bought" stickers or you claiming how hard you worked on it down the line and its fine by me

Give it a rest already! :beatentodeath:

Now this thread is just getting annoying. Spawned, you need to chill the #### out.

I'm outta here..

There is nothing to give a rest to. Look at pages 1 and 2 at all the people calling him an idiot for buying the car, and how he responds with the same bullshit to them and tries to twist their words too.

I look forward to the first post about how big a POS this car is, followed shortly by him selling yet another DSM, wonder what car he will go to this time?

Car Mod/Power Status does not = X amount of Current Owner/Driver Experience.

/End

Who cares about the built not bought BS? I'd rather drive my car than wrench on it all Summer.

Hell, you guys should be happy that people are still willing to pay for these cars. You all sound like you want to brag that your own car isn't worth two nickels.

Who cares about the built not bought BS? I'd rather drive my car than wrench on it all Summer.

Hell, you guys should be happy that people are still willing to pay for these cars. You all sound like you want to brag that your own car isn't worth two nickels.

Maybe we are sick of having to deal with idiots who think these cars are worth 6-7 grand over book just because every once in awhile some retard spends that?

I second this ^^^^

He bought a built car, who gives a f***

Apperently enough people care to fill 5 pages of shit talking. Dont get me wrong...I LOVE shit talking....but it seems like most are just hating because either they arnt happy with their dsm...not happy in life or both. I really cant believe what a joke this whole thing is "Your dumb"..."No your dumb for saying Im dumb"..."No your dumb because I dont approve of what car you are buying"...HAhahahahaha what a bunch of clowns.ROFL

Maybe we are sick of having to deal with idiots who think these cars are worth 6-7 grand over book just because every once in awhile some retard spends that?

Lol...really dude? Really? This is such a funny "reason" to run your mouth. Heres an idea....DONT WORRY ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE"S ASKING PRICES BECAUSE IT HAS NO EFFECT ON YOU....How about you admit you just love to start shit...and thats really what this is about? You need to argue about literally ANYTHING... Hell I do it too....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back