The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

My first DSM

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BastardTalon

Probationary Member
Jan 9, 2013
Ridgecrest, California
Hey guys I just recently purchased a 1995 Talon TSI that has been dubbed by other family members as, "the bastard talon/chrysler" (dad is a Ford guy). I have been interested in these cars since I was 16, and most of my friends own them so I have a bit of experience with them. I found this one on good ol' Craigslist, and I drove down to San Diego (3.5 hours away) to pick her up the other weekend. Since then, I have changed the brakes, tires, the horrendous "fmic" that was on the car (I don't mind rocking a side mount for the time being), as well as other various gaskets, and added a boost gauge. However, the car still has a MASSIVE boost leak (system will not pressurize over 5 lbs) that I am trying to track down and fix (ordered lower injector insulators and an oem intake mani gasket). Hopefully I can get her running great and treat her right, unlike her previous owners....anyways, glad to be a new member on tuners! :D

+2 on pics.

Get a boost leak tester (ebay) for cheap and use the good ol' soapy water bit on EVERY gasket. (including injectors seals into head. TB gaskets etc. You'll find your culprit. Also get some T bolt clamps and good silicon couplers while you are at it.

Sorry I forgot to clarify, I already have a boost leak tester and I've identified and fixed a couple of leaks. However there is still an apparently huge boost leak coming from around the intake manifold that I can't seem to find (already tried soapy water). Any help is greatly appreciated.

Congrats on the purchase! I hope to be getting a TSI within the next week or so.

But a buddy of mine, who is a big DSM guy, turned me onto a youtube channel for Jafromobile. I have watched quite a few of the videos on his channel. But more specifically, he has a playlist of boost leak testing.

Boost Leak Testing

The channel has a description on how to make a leak tester and how to perform the test. I would suggest you check it out... and while you're there take a peek at a few of his other videos.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back