The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Magnus Dry Sump!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gixxerdrew

DSM Wiseman
Oct 5, 2007
Yokohama, Japan, Asia
Here is a sneak peak of the magnus motorsports dry sump kit. These pieces are absolutely beautiful. The pan and the front cover are unbelievably nice. Custom bracket to use a 5 stage barnes pump. I dont think I can go back ever again the dry sump really makes the 4g63 engine. We have so many problems with crankcase and lubrication. This should be a huge step for engine reliability, popping out dip sticks and freeing up power/torque

Damn, that's sexy!

How much does a set up like that set you back? I'm assuming that you need an accumulator (for start up) and a remote oil filter to go with that. Does that come with the kit? Does it all come in a kit?

NICE PIECE OF WORK , THIS AT A GOOD COMPETITIVE PRICE SHOULD GO OVER WELL WITH ROAD RACERS AND AUTO CROSSERS. I WONDER IF WITH MINIMAL WORK WOULD THIS FIT MY 4G93 MOTOR SOHC??

Where does the Alternator move to in a setup like this?

Where does the Alternator move to in a setup like this?

How is the gear attached to the cam gear? Is it one gear that had to me machined. Or is it two separate gears that just go on one after the other? Does it have some type of dowel pin going fromt eh cam gear to the sump gear, or is the little pin on the cam extended?

Looks good and can't what to hear how it works out for you.

That is beautiful! I get so excited everytime I see your car in a mag even if its just a quick pic. Good luck this season guys!

96g2talon;bt12676 said:
5k is right! Alternator wouldn't have to move because it is on the front of the motor.

Magnus Motorsports Magnus 4G63 Dry Sump Full Kit

At this level 99% of people have their Alternator relocated.. Looking at that picture of his motor he still doesn't have the means of attaching it even in the OEM place so again one would wodner where exactly he'd have his mounted. I agree that the OEM position makes the most sense but I am merely making sure. As if I'd ever have the $5K+ to spend on such a unit LOL. ROFL Even so I doubt it'd be an investment to make out side of highly competitive racing as gix does anyways where you'd be sponsored in the first place. :thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back