The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Maft, safc 650cc question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

93xsg

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 3, 2011
Sequim, Washington
I just ordered a datalogging kit so I can tune my car. I figured id put my 650cc injectors back in at the same time.

So would I put 0's across the board on the maft and use only safc to tune?

Or should I put the injector scale at 650cc on the maft (rest 0's) and then use the safc?

If my car didn't already come with safc I would have! But for the setup I have now safc is fine.

Once I've finished fixing everything on my car I plan to switch to link.

And thanks for the answer man, that's what I was thinking

Meh, I hated my MAFT setup. But if you must, just set MAFT to 650's and fine tune with AFC as suggested. However, don't get too happy pulling fuel with the AFC as it'll advance your timing a lot. Keep an eye on that with the logger.

I like the blowby aspesct of maft. To vent bov, and its like least restrictive maf ever.

Oh really it advances timing? Weak! Meaning I'm just losing power right? Well its a dd I'm not trying to make more than 300hp anyways, but is there anyway to avoid this? Without getting link or standalone

I like the blowby aspesct of maft. To vent bov, and its like least restrictive maf ever.

Oh really it advances timing? Weak! Meaning I'm just losing power right? Well its a dd I'm not trying to make more than 300hp anyways, but is there anyway to avoid this? Without getting link or standalone

Actually advancing timing means more power BUT advance it too much and you'll get knock. Knock will lead to disaster if not taken care off.

You will need something that offers timing control. Cheapest you can do is link. However note that for native GM MAF support you'll need V3 full. For V3 lite you'll need to keep the MAFT. With V3 full you can use their GM MAF cable and get rid of the MAFT altogether.

I honestly would recommend V3 Lite and Speed Density. I personally think its the best money you can spend on your car. But of course, that's just my two cents.

I'm going to be tuning for 0 knock so I don't think this will be too much of a problem.

Thanks for all the info guys

I'm going to be tuning for 0 knock so I don't think this will be too much of a problem.

Thanks for all the info guys

keep us posted man, any help needed just let us know.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back