The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Butcher stroker crank Q's???

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuckwithgsx

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 5, 2006
Phoenix, Arizona
Has anyone tried this yet? Any results to show? Pro's or con's? I'm deciding if i want to put this in as i've heard it may have a higher chance of crankwalk. Any opinions or thoughts i'd like to hear. Thanx.

I havent had any experience with them but I know someone who has, they said their cranks are good and have had no problems. But I see you own a 2g so yeah their common for crankwalking but if you feel its worth it then go ahead, but i'd swap in a 1g motor then get the crank so i wouldnt have no worries.

FFWD is building a 6 bolt stroker for me right now, I should have it around early April. Darren King is very thorough about how he presents the build, & I`m very confident that the motor will be nothing less than perfect . . . :talon:

I am currently building a 2.3 with Arias pistons and Groden rods.
A few years back I owned a Starion and a lot of these guys were seeing huge gains from knife edging the crank.
I am curious if anyone has done this procedure to their crank and what gains they have seen.
FFWDCONNECTION sells their "Butcher" crank for a pretty hefty price, which I am willing to spend if I can figure out the gains.

Have you installed it yet? Probably not since that's a lot of work for only a week but when you do you should write a review or just PM me b/c I am also thinking of getting this.

I have not installed it yet. I just shipped it off the other day, I will for sure reply to the thread once it is installed.

Counter weights are for 'up and down' movement of the block,
Stock aircooled vw's use a non counter weighted crank, their limited to about 5500 rpm because they have no balancing, I don't see where this no counterbalance thing is going but I guess its worth a shot.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back