The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

The Official "What's this DSM worth?" Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seriously dont give up on them i got my gs for really cheap, almost a steal and i just saw it at a car show, it was basically perfect with a rebuilt engine and tranny with only 30,xxx miles on it, little rust, and subs, rims, tint. its a good first car for me and keep looking for one your self.

DSM's are awesome. my gs is awesome and ive been in a gsx, those are crazy

WTF Keep the Z28, you will be kicking yourself. Dont do it. And Please stop saying slowmaro if you have a NT 420a motor. LOL

Your my new best site buddy. I love my Z28 to death, but I have been raised around them my whole life so I might be a bit biased.
A Z28? Lucky, I just have a little V6 RS. I've been raised around F-bodies so I'm a die hard enthusiast. I want a DSM to replace my Cavalier, so I'm getting the best of both worlds that way. maybe that's the best approach.

Hold on and wait for a better deal. That 1G looks like a POS bucket. Thats a stock turbo or a 16G at the most, stock intake, that motor doesn't look rebuilt. Everyone has a rebuilt engine when it comes to selling a car. The body on the 1g looks great though, unless you already have a nice motor and trans to go in, I wouldn't bother, If anything I'd offer him $900 in one dollar bills in a brown paper bag and say take it or leave it. Keep the maro (I'm not a big fan of em but, I can definitely say that its better than that 1G), it could be a nice backup car, and $900 for that 1g is generous, but it's gotta be one dollar bills.

Hahaha..nice! I like that! :D

Id hold on to your car. You know its reliable. You know what has been done and what hasnt. That 1g isnt worth nearly as much as your car either. That 1g is like a lottery ticket, theres a small chance it could be a winner, and theres a good chance its a loser.

A Z28? Lucky, I just have a little V6 RS. I've been raised around F-bodies so I'm a die hard enthusiast. I want a DSM to replace my Cavalier, so I'm getting the best of both worlds that way. maybe that's the best approach.

You would love what I do for a living then...Move here and my Dad will hire you...ROFL

I get OMG Christmas presents. My birthday is in January. I think I will get a job, and have my parents get me a car and NO Christmas presents for..... well untill I'm out of their house and in UTi (hehehe). IDK. I may be signing a deal with my dad that owns a business. Hes' got himself some money. They say I can wrok it off, I say that and have a job!!!!

IDK just wish me luck. Will keep everyone updated.

BY THE WAY!!!! Anyone is Minnesota/Wisconsin area, keep your eyes peeled for me, if that's not too much to ask. TYVM

Possibly if you could get someone familiar with DSMs to go check it out with you, that would be nice. Obviously go over the usual car buying stuff as well as a nice test drive. If it checks out and the body is clean, I would jump on it for the price! It would make one badass street car! Don't forget to check out the reciepts

Yea man don't get impatient, that's when you make dumb mistakes that you will regret. I'de say if you were looking for a stock un-modified DSM this might be good but I don't think you are from the sound of it. Plus if he's lying about the upgrades I doubt he did any regular maintenance like that timing belt he said he just did. He's already being shady and your Camaro looks mint. Don't let him fool you.

Let me guess, it's a shop that specializes in f-bodies and dsm cars?

My family runs an F-Body specialty shop here in town. If only my dad or uncle were to get into DSM's it would be my dream job! :hellyeah:

Ive found quite a few 1g eclipse/talons/laser for sale around here lately. I picked up my 1g 91 Eclipse GS for $700 from some guy locally. It ran but got hot so I thought it was the headgasket but Ive now ran into a hole bitchload of problems. I am probably just going to buy a 2g63, swap them out and skip the hassle of keeping the 2g37.

man take it from me, ive owned two dsm's and i had a jeep wrangler before hand that had all kinds of add ons and the whole nine yards done to it....i held onto it for a solid six months before i finally found a dsm that i felt safe in and liked. dont rush things the best thing will just happen....you will be happy when you get one though, i was always a mustang and camaro guy, while i miss the throaty v8 rumble i cant get enough of the turbo and gas mileage of the dsm!!

My family runs an F-Body specialty shop here in town. If only my dad or uncle were to get into DSM's it would be my dream job! :hellyeah:

this probably sounds dumb, but what is a F-body?:hmm:

F-Body: the best front engine rear wheel drive car ever made. Camaros, Firebirds/Trans Ams. Chevy Small Blocks were a popular engine until 93 when the 4th generation with the LT1 V8 came out. 98-02 F-Bodies also shared the LS1 available in the Corvette. The V6 F-bodies were almost always a joke exept for the 3.8L SFI Turbo. Rare car, made in the third generation F-Bodies (82-92).

F-Body: the best front engine rear wheel drive car ever made. Camaros, Firebirds/Trans Ams. Chevy Small Blocks were a popular engine until 93 when the 4th generation with the LT1 V8 came out. 98-02 F-Bodies also shared the LS1 available in the Corvette. The V6 F-bodies were almost always a joke exept for the 3.8L SFI Turbo. Rare car, made in the third generation F-Bodies (82-92).

He pretty much hit it on the head. :p
V6 F-bodies were a joke stock ,but with the plethora of aftermarket parts available for it now they can be one torquey little bastard of a motor. We actually have a regular at our shop who runs a v6 firebird t-tops. He has done so much weight reduction it's ridiculous. I have a copy of his dyno sheet 281rwhp at 319tq.

Also on the LS1 there have been a few issues which result in alot of people going to the earlier model LT1 or building an LSX block. The early LS1's had a recall on a few things.

this probably sounds dumb, but what is a F-body?:hmm:

when gm made cars they put them into a class eg. "A"class being skylarks, chevelles, cutlass etc "B"class, lesabre, impalla, bonneville etc "F" class camero, firebird, so on and so forth...its kinda the same as calling the '87-'93 mustangs "foxbodies", its just a body class the labled their cars as...I dont know if this helps you any

Damn, I wish we had an f-body specialties shop around here, I know the f-bodies inside out! they are decently fast cars from the factory, and there's a vast ammount of parts out there for the 350's they run theyre easy cars to make some serious power out of, but I like Supra's better, now if there was a Supra specialties shop, I would be workin for them tomorrow haha!

Isnt it amazing how they suddenly disappear when you need proof of his mods! Like magic i would tell him to open a magic store, hes apparently really good at it!

Alright, so what im gathering from what your saying lacroix, and from what i can see, he does care more about appearance, i will attach some pics of my camaro so that you guys can compare, and bluegs03, he did say he lost all the receipts! haha! wow im glad i asked here first before going down to see it!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back